Sanctify my Vision - andy casson

Started by andy casson, December 18, 2011, 12:47:08 AM

andy casson

Sanctify 192 drumfix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So while the wife was dominating my PC creating calendars yesterday afternoon I wrote a song...no idea what the lyrics mean. It's a bit of a nod to Kashmir

Recorded to Sonar via EMU1616, Les Paul Studio, Dean 12 string double tracked, 1 main vocal track using Rode NT1

Enjoy  :)

Sanctify My Vision
Written by Andy Casson 17.12.2011
I'm broken and I'm hurting, haunted by my faults
Measured and found wanting, riven to my soul
Searching in this darkness, seeking in this night
For answers to these questions, bring me to the light

Sanctify my vision
Don't tell me I'm afraid
Sanctify my vision...today

High Res version on Soundclick:
[soundclick]11298602[/soundclick]

Always forget to bring the drums up at the end!!!! So punchier drum re-mix added

thetworegs

like the Zep feel to this .....great vocal...beautiful bit of guitar on the vocal...only thing missing for me is the Bonhams drums giving it a bit more drive....that guitar is beautiful....Bravo.....i have an idea get the wife to do some Photo-books they take a while longer than calenders..... then you you can have some more time to make some more music for us......Great job

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Riche

Quote from: thetworegs on December 18, 2011, 04:47:38 AMlike the Zep feel to this .....great vocal...beautiful bit of guitar on the vocal...only thing missing for me is the Bonhams drums giving it a bit more drive....that guitar is beautiful....Bravo.....i have an idea get the wife to do some Photo-books they take a while longer than calenders..... then you you can have some more time to make some more music for us......Great job
Totally agree with this it does have a Zeppy kashmir feel. Good song.
Well done

R  

Hook

Consider your vision sanctified! This rocks and you soloing is awesome!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ferryman

Excellent rocker here. I love the swirly keyboard sounds and the layers of guitars. Some superb effects on the vocals as well that really create a fantastic atmosphere. I really liked the guitar solos as well and the overall production is great - there's a lot going on but it doesn't get muddy or lose focus.

Great work, nice start to Monday for me!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenny B

Really dig your sound and songs Andy ... this is excellent!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

phantasm777

if ya need some bonzo type drums, im yer man!

SwanSong

hi Andy . very cool great husky vocal in this ..gave it some nice spice
and flavor  to the vox. really enjoyed . a unique listening experience
but very cool and enjoyed . Merry xmas Neil...!!

Rata-tat-tat

Wow Andy this is really cool. Agree... hearing a bit of Zep on this track. And yes good job bringing those drums up a bit. Really gives it some punch... I think your lead guitar track might need to come up a little as a result though... seems like it's sitting in the background a bit far now!!! What a freaking drivin sound and tune... Love it to pieces bro....
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Facemask93

Almost missed this one Andy , & that would have been a bummer , love it , got a great vibe , vox is superb & lovin that axe

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper