Helena - need bass - DONE

Started by xicpanad, January 07, 2009, 02:09:40 PM

xicpanad

helena
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi you all. This is my first work on micro BR and i wanted to post it here to see if someone could add some bass. I like this music very much the way it is, but i´m still curious on how would sound with a bass, something very soft.
Anyway, feel free to add more sugestions.
About the music, i used my acoustic guitar for all the tracks, and of course my voice and drums on the micro br.
Cheers.
Music is my life, life is my inspiration...

mr2kewl

this is a great sounding song. i will see if i can add a bass touch to it for you.

mark r
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

possibly

I think a fretless bass would suit this very well.

possibly

Also, to my mind, I think you could almost afford to cut the guitar out entirely at some points and allow the vocal to carry it.

Perhaps at the beginning and the end - I think the vocal has such conviction that it would be all the more powerful for doing so.

i.e. the voice singing alone for the introduction and then the guitar coming in and before the end of the song the guitar cuts out and the vocal continues.

mr2kewl

helena_v1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
here is my take on this for the bass. it just happpens to be fretless. let me know what you think.

mark r

"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

xicpanad

All right!! Great stuff, simple and effective, just what I was looking for. I love it. Thank you so much.
By the way, this song was made a couple weeks ago, before christmas, when a 6 months girl died in unexpected way, so it has a very special meaning to me.
Cheers

mr2kewl

thanks for allowing me to add to this special song for you. i am glad you're pleased with the results.

mark r

SteveG

Dont understand a word ... again ... but sure did sound nice!

xicpanad

Actually I was thinking in give it a try and make an english version, maybe it could have more impact on you guys. Maybe i´ll try it.

mr2kewl

xicpanad,

even though i don't know what language you're singing in or understand it - i think it's perfect. i would be interested in a printed translation of the words - but since this is your song - you are free to be as creative with it as you please. one suggestion i would make is - now that it is complete - put it back on the main thread so all can hear it. other than that - i think it is a very emotional song knowing what inspired it. thank you for allowing me to collaborate with you on it.

mark r