Experimenting with an Irish sound.

Started by jackofall, January 07, 2009, 06:33:07 AM

Oldrottenhead

FLUM1X01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
my first day off in ages, im actually off work till monday. but murphy's law has kicked in, i'm loaded with a cold.
however i have attempted to sing, really struggled with the high notes, but it gives it a fragility. i will redo the vocals once i clear my lungs out with the remy martin santa brought but for the meantime here is a version for jackofall to play around with, if you need advice on how to import the mp3 into a song let me know.

so for now here is the flu mix.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

jackofall

Great! I'll have a go...there may be some swearing and head scratching for a while....Save me some of the Remy Martin....
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Oldrottenhead

S0MBACK1
Time:
Volume:
i added a backing vox at the high bits, an octave lower to thingy it...............lol unowotamean
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Very nice guys, really coming together now, cold or no.

jackofall

Hey! That's great! I've worked out how to get the song on to the machine now. It was difficult for my poor brain, but I did it in the end. I'll put the new version on and fiddle about with it over the weekend. I really like the vocal and the authentic scottish accent. Why couldn't this song sell? With the right people pushing it....
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Bluesberry

There is no reason this song couldn't be a monster hit if you could only get the exposure.  It is really stunning now.  The beauty of it almost brings a tear to my eyes.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Glenn Mitchell

Excellent guys! I agree this one would be marketable
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

jackofall

ORH
Time:
Volume:
I've added some steel string guitar at low volume - I think that's all it needed and I didn't want to drown out the voice. I wish I could replace the electric guitars with a lone scotttish piper! I can just hear it like that! Anyway, I hope this sounds OK to you ORH. Would love to do the whole thing again in a big recording studio....who knows?... I'd put myself out to make something of this....

Ferryman

Very nice indeed. You're right, ORH's authentic accent works very well, this has an excellent feel going on.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann