Hello from Nebraska!

Started by Kody, January 06, 2009, 12:39:36 AM

Kody

Hello,
I stumbled across this place when I was looking for all the info I could possibly find on the Micro BR. I'm very glad it exists!

I just want to say that I listened to some of your guys' music, and I was very impressed to say the least. Also, that is why I joined. I was blown away with some of the results!

I have had a BR900cd for a few years now and I have been loving it. Still (not that I can really afford it) I would love to have the smaller micro version. I came very close to ordering one, but I stopped because winter namm is coming up. Does anybody know if anybody else is coming out with anything like the mbr. I have feeling as soon as I order one- boss will come out with something new.

Anyway- I look forward to being a member here- Thank You!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

Quote from: Acoustick_NE on January 06, 2009, 12:39:36 AMI came very close to ordering one, but I stopped because winter namm is coming up. Does anybody know if anybody else is coming out with anything like the mbr. I have feeling as soon as I order one- boss will come out with something new.

I have no idea what (if anything) is going to be announced at Winter NAMM. However, I think Boss is long overdue to release some new recorders. The last new model they introduced was the Micro BR and that was 2½ years ago. The BR-600 is 3 years old, and the BR-900CD is 4 years old. Zoom and Tascam have since released recorders with some great features that aren't available in any BR. The features of the Zoom HD8, for example, are way better than the BR-900's, yet the Zoom costs $100 less! So, I hope that Boss will at least release a more advanced replacement for the BR-900CD that compares favourably with the Zoom HD8.

At last year's Winter NAMM, Roland announced that they'd acquired a major share of Cakewalk (makers of SONAR, Guitar Tracks Pro, etc). So, I'm hoping they'll release a new line of recorders with better integration with computer DAWs such as SONAR. One of the nice features of the Zoom HD8 and HD16 is that they can be used as a control surface with a software DAW (Cubase LE 4 is included with the HD8 and HD16). I'd like to see control surface capabilities in the next BR line.

Watch this page to keep track of the announcements as they come in:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM09/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Kody

Thanks for the link!

If or when Boss comes out with something new I hope they keep the price reasonable.  Or, I bet the older brs would drop considerably in price-especially on ebay. I'm anxious to see.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Greeny

I'd probably buy a new version of the BR if it had some cool new features and patches - and the price stayed in the same region as the current one. It will be interesting to see what happens, as it will be hard to improve on the current model!

bydle

I think there are few things that can be done to MBR to improve ease of use. Look at Korg Pandora - little knobs to set the main amp features. Similar knobs could control many things instead of "< >" buttons. Higher memory capicity is a obvius thing. Lower battery drain too. I would find usefull a ability to use MBR as USB guitar (instrument) interface (just like mentioned Pandora).
It would be nice to have a ability to store mp3's in folders and not all in one. Also longer file names would help.

I think I could find something more if I would try harder  :)

But nevertheless, I love my MBR just how it is! There is no other device that has all those fetures together - that's the reason I bought it. This all-in-one shinny, little thing is exactly what I needed.