Any regularly gigging Songcrafters out there?

Started by Blooby, December 06, 2011, 07:01:30 PM

Geir

To quoute the late mr Koschmider

Quote from: Bruno Koschmider"Mach schau, mach schau!"

oh ... and have fun ... it's contagious
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

When i use to gig sober, i'd be real serious and be trying to get the job done to the best of my ability bla bla bla.... (i think i spooked the audience too). 

Later in life, i would drink a few beers before a show to loosen up ;)   and then i'd be hi-fiving and/or fisting the audience right in the middle of my solos lol   Big difference....

Sometimes the rest of the band didn't like it if i had a little too many beers though lol
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: Tony W on December 09, 2011, 08:55:07 AM
Quote from: Satchwood on December 09, 2011, 08:53:18 AMfisting the audience

I think we have a generational gap in terminology....

yeah, that is really going beyond the call of duty.  I guess I should have sani-wipes available.

Thank you, all, for your comments and good vibes.  I am not terribly nervous about playing.  I'm more curious how some of our stuff will come across.  There will be lead breaks, loops, and some song structures (the odd medley or three) that will be left to chance.  Don't think I could do it any other way, though.  Most of you know how I love to improvise.

Peace.

Blooby

Gnasty

Quote from: Satchwood on December 09, 2011, 08:53:18 AMor fisting the audience right in the middle of my solos lol   Big difference....

Pahahahaha! ...Better than two fisting! LOL..Sorry Satch i couldn`t resist! :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

I hope 64Guitars doesn't do his GIMP magic on this thread.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Tony W on December 09, 2011, 09:38:12 AMI hope 64Guitars doesn't do his GIMP magic on this thread.
you are only tempting him now tony lmao
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Blooby - from what you've posted here on the site, you're going to be just fine, even the ones where you have just been jamming, the effect is brilliant.

My advice is to get someone else to carry the amps.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Tony W

I have my second gig on on Saturday WOOT. I'm scared shitless, and excited as hell. I love this feeling. I learned a valuable lesson last night, our lead guitarist asked me if my neck and shoulders get sore while I'm playing. The answer was: sometimes yes. He was teaching me a song, and I was stiff as a board, elbow locked and extended, muscles tighter than a drum. I was then told to play it as loosely as possible, and not only did I sound better, I felt such relief through my entire body.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR