Tommy Emmanuel's new Christmas album

Started by 64Guitars, December 05, 2011, 11:39:20 PM

Bobtail

Yep,that is amazing 64 ,and so is Tommy Emmanuel.He can play any style of music I reckon.Comes across as a nice bloke too.

Farrell Jackson

Hey 64, thanks for posting this up! Tommy Emmanuel is one of those rare guitarist that comes around once in a life time. I've never seen him live but I've viewed many of his concerts on TV and video. Not only is he a virtuoso on the guitar but he's also very humble and thankful for his God given talent.....those two combinations are a rare quality.

Thanks for posting these videos up....if I wasn't in the holiday spirit I am now after watching these!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Burtog

Yeah, these are great, amazing chord work, gotta have a go at that jingle bells but will likely never be able to play it.

He does seem like a good chap too.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Burtog

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Tommy's the bomb! My buddy drove 11 hours to see him then drove straight back to get to work on time. He's the bomb!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Migs

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 06, 2011, 09:26:01 AMI've never seen him live but I've viewed many of his concerts on TV and video.

If you ever get the opportunity, just go.  Amazing experience.

I have probably seen him 30 times now since I first saw him doing a gig with his brother Phil around 1987 or 88. He used to play pretty regularly at the pub near my uni back in the day. These days he only does one gig a year in Sydney unfortunately.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !