copyright info?

Started by StevieM, January 05, 2009, 01:33:45 PM

StevieM

Thanks guys, think I've got the picture now. I do know a bit about copyright anyway, and posting to yourself can be a bit iffy, lodging it with a bank or solicitor is better. I've got copyright on one thing I've done so far, but that's 'cos I'm with the Guild of International Songwriters and Composers ( GISC). They do a free service, but ALL those involved in a particular track have to be members.
What concerned me really was the danger when it's being openly posted, so anyone could see it before anything can be oficially copyrighted.
I don't know what you all think about this, but how about just maybe putting 'copyright' ( with the symbol) then the names of contributers?
Individual terms can then be hammered out with whoever's involved, if they want to?

After all, one good track could mean a lot of money to someone.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

StevieM

Oh yeh, I forgot to say. Greeny----It's shit when that happens, but I don't think there's a lot you can do about it, unless he DOES record it. Just think though, what you wrote must be pretty good if someone wants to copy it ;D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Greeny

Don't worry - I'll be having a quiet word about it with him  :D

StevieM

How about " I'm-rea-ly-flat-tered-you-ripped-off-my-song". One syllable per finger break? ;D

Greeny

Quote from: StevieM on January 07, 2009, 10:41:23 AMHow about " I'm-rea-ly-flat-tered-you-ripped-off-my-song". One syllable per finger break? ;D

Something along those lines!  :D

StevieM

I've just found these websites, some interesting info on them.
www.mcaglobal.org
www.copyrightaid.co.uk
www.copyrightservice.co.uk

I'm still looking into  protection on stuff posted on a forum. Let you know if I find anything specific.