If we had an awards ceremony on this site, what would the award categories be?

Started by FuzzFace, January 05, 2009, 11:57:15 AM

ianjm

Judging by the ammount of welcome new arrivals to the forum since xmas a definate would be best international newcomer.

Another would be best recording while pissed ;D ;D

ianjm

That is pissed in the uk sense, meaing drunk.

Just realised after posting it means angry in th US

Greeny

How about an award for the Highest BR song count???

I like how the BR has a counter that keeps a tally of each song created.

People would have to be honest. But I think I know already who will win it  :D

I'm only up to 65.

Oldrottenhead

i'm just behind you at song 0063 but am sure i have done more than that, i have used a number of different cards does that affect the count.
update: yeah it must be had a look at songs backed up to my pc in july and one of them is song0083. so now have no idea how many. saying that a lot of stuff i work on never gets finished or are experiments that go nowhere. so actual completed songs is a lot less
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Ah... yes... mine is all on the same card, so I don't know if that makes a difference. It must do though - I'd have thought you were in the hundreds by now!  :)

64Guitars

The number assigned to a new song is only meant to make the folder name unique on the memory card. It isn't meant to keep a count of the songs. Whenever you initialize a card, it resets to SONG0000. Each card keeps track of its own last-used number in the file DISKINF2.BR0 which is in the ROLAND/BR0 folder. Also, it doesn't re-use numbers from deleted songs until it reaches 9999 and wraps around to 0000 again. So, for example, if your latest song is SONG0063 but you've deleted SONG0007, SONG0021, and SONG0052, your next song will be SONG0064. However, you won't have 64 songs if you've deleted 3 of them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Glenn Mitchell

Off topic, sorry, but I HATE that about the micro. when you USB to back up I have no clue what song is which and have to backup the whole thing just in case. I think there is a free program somewhere that can find the name in the files...if you named it.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

BossMicroBRew

"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton