TW and Wiley

Started by Wiley, November 22, 2011, 03:45:54 PM

T.C. Elliott

Sounds and looks like you had a blast. Glad you had a great time. And thanks for sharing.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

launched

I saws it all on the Cool-Lab! Great stuff, glad you guys had a great time!

Nothing like playing out with your friends - Sweeeeeeeeeeet!! Wish I could have been there.

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

AndyR

Nice one. Sounds like you had a great time.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Tangled Wires

Wonderful pics and videos, really made me smile looking at these. You look so cool playing there Tony..wish you were in my band!!

Great to see you guys in the U.S meeting up, especially considering the distances you have to travel.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Thanks all! I'm finally home after a week of travel, eating, travel, crapping, travel and a little bit of jamming in PJ's home town! I see that PJ caught me dicking around with the built in looper on my spider jam on that last video. We were winging it all night, too bad we didn't make anyone take video of the 2 of us jamming together!

So here's my take.

It seems like forever since I had a keyboard in hand. The one thing I chose not to take with me on vacation was a laptop! It was nice to unplug for the most part.

So we all know PJ's side of the story, now it's my turn to recap. As you might know, I drove 2000 miles total in the last 6 days. Thats 3218 kilometers. That's like driving the length of the UK four times. In between sitting behind the wheel of a vehicle, I managed to shoot some shit, blow some shit up, eat a bunch of shit, and in general have a great time. None as precious as the time I got to spend with PJ, even if it was a short amount.

So I get to her home town, which I told her chasing women in a town that small is like playing "duck duck goose" as a child. We sit at the house for a bit, but you could tell she was ready to pack up and hit the bar. I couldn't figure out why she wanted to get packed and going so quick, there seemed plenty of time, until I saw the mountain of stuff she was taking with her. That woman doesn't tread lightly! I was surprised that Chuck didn't have to get out the pipe wrench for the kitchen sink. As she pointed out, I got to spend a bit of time with Chuck, who is one of the kindest, gentlest souls around, and damn can that man cook! When you meet Chuck, he's got a twinkle in his eye, and you cant help but to love him instantly. We all know he's some sort of saint to deal with PJ on a daily basis :)

So 1200 lbs. of gear later, we're setting up in the bar. I didn't meet a stranger there. Everyone walked up, introduced themselves to me, and pretty much knew all there was to know about me in advance. At first I couldn't understand how they all knew me, but after a bit, it was obvious, they all knew each other, and I was the one that nobody recognized, but everyone knew of. Ironically, I wasn't nervous at all playing in front of a bunch of strangers, and I sure didn't mind not knowing what was coming next. I just jumped in with both feet when I figured out what was happening.

The boys (Billy and Steve) kept giving me the eyeball to play some lead, but I'll be honest, I was having a down right good time playing a lot of rhythm. I sure wasn't going to dazzle anyone there with the lead chops with the boys giving it hell all night! They were both tremendous. PJ didn't get a lot of guitar time, that's for certain, but you can damn sure believe she can play the hell out of the bass guitar.

The one thing we didn't do was assign the camera to somebody, which was a mistake. I'd have loved to got a lot more footage, especially with the 2 of us side by side. She said  I was a lot more calm than she thought I'd be, and truth is, she's right. I was dog ass tired, though I tried not to let on.

That ole Larry was something else, had I known he would have got me singing the Marines Hymn, I probably wouldn't have told him I was a jarhead too!

That entire bar welcomed me with open arms, and I couldn't have felt more at home or at ease. I might look serious when I have a guitar in hand, but I damn sure enjoyed myself the entire evening. PJ I can't thank you enough for setting up such a warm reception in your home town! By the way, that little brunette was a cutie, had she not been sitting on a fella's leg, I'd have had words with her.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Well it took me a while to soak this all in. I had no clue this was happening or did i?

Looks like you all had a wail of a time! Excellent jamming. Tony you look like Stone Cold Steve Austin! ;D
Awesome lead work on the vid! This is what the site is all about!

Glad y`all MET!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

Looks like a great time was had by all - thanks for sharing the pictures, vids, and stories!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

dasilvasings

Hey! I wish I was there too! Thanks for the vids and stories!

This meetings with SC's look really cool. Is anyone going to Lisbon soon?
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

looks like you guys  had a blast
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann