I've been quiet for a while and will be a bit longer... but THEN!!

Started by AndyR, November 18, 2011, 11:55:51 AM

launched

I can only imagine what you could produce in your own room with no distractions - It will be deadly to say the least!

Can't wait!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

AndyR

Quick update: I don't seem to have jinxed it yet. Confirmed mortgage offer in place, building survey hasn't shown up anything scary that we weren't aware of already. Mrs R is thinking of replacing the floors before we move in (the FLOORS, not the floor covering! :o) - no darling, that can wait until we've actually broken them...  :D

I've even started packing the music gear - I have a HUGE amount of music gear :-\, I didn't realise. I knew I had a lot of guitars, but I haven't even started on those...

So Harry might be right about outgrowing the third bedroom - I might have to re-negotiate the room allocations...

Right at the moment though, I'm actually more excited about having a "normal" home with nice tables and chairs and stuff... I've been living all my adult life in shared houses or cramped flats, most of them run-down. I've been quite happy with that, but now "grown-up" living seems to be in my grasp. Hell, I'm even going to have a conservatory! :D

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

AndyR

Another update...

We've owned the place for just over a week now. We move in fully on 2nd March, but we've started moving some stuff and doing some decorating.

Harry was definitely right... most of my music kit has moved across now and, er, I've filled the house itself, not just my "music room"!!!

We're going to be busy for a bit, and I might even be offline for a while from the 2nd March (broadband provider issues  >:(), but setting up my music room is something of a priority (if only to get my stuff out of the rest of the house!!). My real fear is that I'll be doing "house-stuff" for months to come...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Tony W

congrats Andy! It's going to be an adventure, not always a fun one, but an adventure none-the-less.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Congrats !!

I'd love to own a home one day.
It is the holy grail for me at the moment.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

AndyR

Thanks guys.

Quote from: OsCKilO on February 06, 2012, 08:52:27 AMI'd love to own a home one day.
It is the holy grail for me at the moment.

That's what it was like for me... never thought I'd manage it again. And then over the last year we realised we'd got enough for a deposit, bank was prepared to lend us, and everything kind of looked right to take the risk now (the "risk" of it all going pear-shaped financially a couple of years down the line and losing it all again...)

Keep that dream alive, Tharek, and make some sort of active plan, no matter how small, that leads in the right direction :).  That's kind of how we did it... But I have to say that every evening, when I'm in there digging out rawl plugs, filling holes, and sanding down, I have to pinch myself to believe that we own it (well, of course, the bank owns a three-quarters right at the moment, but we aim to seriously reduce that over the next few years!). I'm hoping that I won't forget that feeling of wonder too quickly...

By the way, I managed to get an amp set up and a strat plugged into it  8) (amongst the ladders, buckets, and camping chairs in the front reception) - there has been electric geetar played at Russe-Mansions... yee-hah! But I've found I'm going to have to adjust a lot of truss-rods though ::) - this place is a lot warmer/cosier than the flat we've been in...

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

ODH

Hope all continues to go well, Andy.  Scary times, but sounds like your net positive so far.

In one month's time we have a house extension begining - knock down the garage and build a two-storey extension in its place.  I get a music room out of it too - Maybe not quite big enough for a stage piano, but I'm pretty sure it will be big enough for my microKORG XL. And three guitars and PC and all my other music stuff and still have room to play.  I hope so anyway.  Plus we get an extra bedroom, downstairs toilet / shower room and bigger kitchen.  And a garage with working door and non-leaky roof.  Bargain.

When's the house warming party?
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Gnasty

Congrats Andy R new home owner!

Glad you got something plugged in now. Hit that rec button soon. ;)
Thanks for your advice too because i went out and bought Guerrilla Home Recording part II.
It might take me a year to read it and get it!, but i feel anxiety about it. Maybe it can make me
sound better.

Happy home reno to ya!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

AndyR

It seems we might have to get the place re-wired... ho-hum... :-\

It all works, and actually the "plug a strat in and turn an amp up" test was VERY quiet compared to the place I'm in...

But there's some very "inventive" modifications in there, it's not quite "turn on a tap in the kitchen and the hall-light comes on", but it's pretty close! :D

Oh yeah, and the mice have been eating the visible cables in the loft...

Well, let's hope it didn't burn down yesterday!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1