I've been quiet for a while and will be a bit longer... but THEN!!

Started by AndyR, November 18, 2011, 11:55:51 AM

AndyR

Yeah, I popped in for a quick lurk, and found a bump on one of mine, so I'd thought I'd let you fine folks know what's doing in my world, and that I'm not gone!

Firstly, work is quite hefty - so my lurking opportunities have seriously dropped in the last few months.

And then outside work we've been well busy in house-hunting and now purchasing. We knew this year was the year we really needed to think about finally buying a home. I was scared I was getting too old to borrow, what if this, what if that, etc... why can't I just sit on the sofa and play me guitar?

I don't want to jinx it, but it pretty much looks like we've got a place. It's going to be very hectic for a few months but, as long as there's nothing wrong in the survey in the next few days, come February or so I'm going to have a STUDIO!!!

Ok, it's actually the 3rd bedroom in a 3 bedroom house, on the detatched side of the building, but it's a dedicated music room anyway - i've measured, it's big enough for the stage piano, desk and monitors, a "BR station", and still enough room to swing a bass! Mrs R gets the 2nd bedroom as a study/library for writing, with a sofa-bed for putting up visitors. And we've still got the main bedroom, and all of the receptions and conservatory on the ground floor, to pretend we're ordinary normal people.

I still can't quite believe that it's not going to fall through, it all happened so fast once we actually started, but fingers crossed!

So, I'm going to be quiet on here for a bit longer, but soon I'll be in a position to wander into a room, close the door, flick some switches and create. Rather than having to reorganise the living room, plug everything in, etc, etc, like I have for the last few years...

There is, of course, the danger that Mrs R will have me decorating and gardening for the foreseeable future! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

Good luck Andy !!!!

Green asphalt is the solution for the garden ;D !!!

Looking forward to the time when you can bless us with more of your music !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Thanks guys :)

I'll keep that green asphalt idea under my hat ready for use later! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

monoblock the garden andy before it becomes illegal. best of luck in you new "home" that word home you pointed out its power in a jemima's kite song, so hope it resonates in the new place. best of luck.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Best of luck Andy, a dedicated studio is going to do you the world of good.  You just leave things set up and walk in and record 10 minutes here, 1/2 hour there, whenever the time or inspiration allows.  I would love to see a picture of that space once you get it all set up.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

Good news on the studio! Bad news you`re not around but who am i to be preaching.

All i know is once you get recording we will be hearing killer songs from you again! :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Flash Harry

Andy, the trouble with the little bedroom is.....

You outgrow it very quickly!

I'm planning on moving into a re-worked garage. I've already started digging....

Good luck and it will be fine!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Great news, can't wait. Your work is always and education and an inspiration. I hope to be around here more in 2012.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR