Where you from?

Started by StevieM, January 03, 2009, 02:34:06 PM

Bro

Denmark, Jylland :) I lived and went to school in the U.S for about a year, that and school in Denmark is where i picked up my english! :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Vanncad

Southern Ontario -  a few hours away from the birthplace of Neil Young!

It is really cool to see how his music has affected the people on the board.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Bluesberry

Quote from: Vanncad on July 06, 2009, 06:07:47 AMSouthern Ontario -  a few hours away from the birthplace of Neil Young!

It is really cool to see how his music has affected the people on the board.
Hey thats cool Vann, I am originally from Burlington Ontario, lived there until just finished High School.  Saw Max Webster play in my High School (what a great live band they were).  Where abouts in Ontario you originally from?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Vanncad

Hey BB. That's pretty ironic.

I was just telling a co-worker about Max Webster last week. You don't hear that band's name getting thrown around too often.

My band used to play "Waterline" back in the 80's. A great tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmWyu21pYbQ

I knew a girl that used to cut Kim Mitchell's hair (when he had some).

I am from Chatham-Kent about an hour south of Sarnia (birthplace of Max Webster - BTW).

I go to Burlington once in a while for business, but I really try to stay away from that rat-race as much as possible.

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Bluesberry

Thanks for the memory.  That Kim Mitchel was one hell of a guitarist in his day.  They were my favorite band when I was in High school (I liked them better than Rush).  Very quirky stuff.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

godinqc

Ah yes Max Webster .. I've also seen then in concert .. very good concert.. This was before Kim Mitchell went solo .. I grew up in Eastern Ontario (Hawkesbury area) but now live in Quebec ..

This is for Bluesberry , I worked at Irvin Oil in Saint John for about 1 year on a contract .. Saint John is a very nice place ..

Salut ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tony W

I'm surprised at the number of Iowans on here. I'm originally from Newton Iowa, and now in Columbus Ohio. It's pretty cool that those from the US appear to be in the minority on here.

I was in Toronto a few years back visiting a friend, Went to a dinner theater, and of course a tour bus of Americans came in. They were loud, obnoxious, and honestly I was embarrassed that they were the representation of my country. The Canadians I was with were all making derogatory comments about Americans under their breath. I couldn't help but laugh. It took them a minute to realize they were insulting me as well. I certainly didn't mind and definitely didn't blame my hosts.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 06, 2009, 08:44:20 AMThat Kim Mitchel was one hell of a guitarist in his day.

Learn to play "Rock 'n' Roll Duty" from Kim Mitchell himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_USV8_8aK84

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Davo

Quote from: Tony W on July 06, 2009, 11:10:11 AMI'm surprised at the number of Iowans on here. I'm originally from Newton Iowa, and now in Columbus Ohio. It's pretty cool that those from the US appear to be in the minority on here.

I was in Toronto a few years back visiting a friend, Went to a dinner theater, and of course a tour bus of Americans came in. They were loud, obnoxious, and honestly I was embarrassed that they were the representation of my country. The Canadians I was with were all making derogatory comments about Americans under their breath. I couldn't help but laugh. It took them a minute to realize they were insulting me as well. I certainly didn't mind and definitely didn't blame my hosts.

Funny you mention that. I work with a few Canadians, who are very cool and laid back. Both have mentioned that the only "snooty" Canadians are in Quebec!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bluesberry

Quote from: Davo on July 06, 2009, 12:44:41 PMFunny you mention that. I work with a few Canadians, who are very cool and laid back. Both have mentioned that the only "snooty" Canadians are in Quebec!
Ha Ha, now don't try to start a war between us few Canadians on here,   :P we are all too polite and nice for that sort of thing.   ;)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand