**Bands Reuniting**

Started by Burtog, November 14, 2011, 06:03:40 AM

Burtog

Just following on from peterp's post really, there are a few band re-uniting next year, Sabbath and the Stone Roses, often influenced by large sums of cash being offered.

If there was a band you really wanted to re-unite who would you choose?

............or do you think it would just be a bad idea?

I'd probably go with The Smiths because I think they could still cut it as a decent band but it will never happen in a month of Sundays,.....................................although saying that 'every day is like Sunday!'

;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

usually when a band reforms , artistic credibility is not at the top of the agenda for them, however i was delighted when van der graaf generator reformed and i got to see them. in my eyes they kept their credibilty (wot a prog rock band with credibility) and since reforming have done a couple of pretty good albums not solely resting on the laurels of their past glories. and i think for the first time in their career they are actually making a living out of their music. off hand i can't really think of any other reformations that have rocked my boat.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

peterp

Money speaks :)

For me Monkees!!

Or Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa and the mothers.
Though there are a few technical personnel issues with my choices actually reforming :)

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Oldrottenhead

i see zappa's son dweezil is currently touring as zappa plays zappa, dont know if they are any good or not but does sound interesting.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 14, 2011, 06:59:04 AMi see zappa's son dweezil is currently touring as zappa plays zappa, dont know if they are any good or not but does sound interesting.

They are ridiculously good.  Have seen them four times and will see them again if they come around.

launched

I agree with Jim. These bands deserve to make some good coin after years of hard work. Plus, they usually bring some great acts along with them.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

The Jimi Hendrix Experience and The Beatles.
But I'm afraid it will take a lot more than money to make that happen.  :(

How about the 1971-1975 era Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

peter gabriel was asked tha very question quite rcently and said it could still happen.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 14, 2011, 02:23:15 PMpeter gabriel was asked tha very question quite rcently and said it could still happen.

I read that too. But I also read that Phil Collins has quit music due to health issues.

http://www.examiner.com/billboard-hot-100-in-national/phil-collins-quits-music-cites-nerve-damage-and-over-exposure

So it seems unlikely that he'd rejoin them. Maybe Bill Bruford could take his place. That would be cool.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Blooby

Bill Bruford is retired now from touring as well.  Don't even know if he is still playing at all.

For older music, I would like to see the original lineup of The Mahavishnu Orchestra, and they are all still alive.  I am also a bit sad I never caught Spock's Beard back when Neal Morse was in the band.  I was hoping for a reunion of sorts of the 2001-2003-era Phil Lesh and Friends (dubbed The Quintet).  Had both Jimmy Herring and Warren Haynes in the band.  I'm getting my wish when 80% (sans the keyboardist) or reunited for the Warren Haynes annual Xnas Jam in Asheville.  I am psyched.