The Show must go on W/Hook

Started by thetworegs, November 12, 2011, 04:39:58 AM

thetworegs

It was such fun doing this old classic by Leo Sayer......Thanks to Hook for playing the Banjo Drums and Bass and Mixing it to such a great sound....i'm doing the vocals and playing the piano....this was so much fun to do although through work commitments it has taken a while....but here eventually it is .....hope you enjoy it as much as i do...
Mix 1 Orchesrral comp
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Hook sent me two mix's and i couldn't decide which sounded better so i thought i'd put both up and let you decide....this one has a bit of age to it and i love how the Banjo and the Piano work together....let me know what you decide.....thanks again Hook
Mix 2 Vocal comp
Time:
0:00
Volume:

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

always loved this song bloody great version, mix 2 has the edge for me. braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Damn you sing that sing well! I like mix...

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

andy casson

Blimey guys this is excellent, lovely playing Hook, but the vox are oustanding again Reg...sumptuous! I do have an image of you dancing around in dungerees while you were singing this though...would that be accurate? Mix 2 just (and I mean just) edges it for me, and I still wish I had your voice..excellent!

andy

Bluesberry

This is completely majestic guys.  Hook, you are one talented dude, thats you on the drums, bass and banjo.  Damn thats tight drumming.  I am going to download and play along on my little E-drums.  What you have for drums?  Sounds bloody delicious.  And Trevor, what can I say, one of the best vocal performances I have heard on here, you shine like a star man, a faraway twinkling beauty of a star.  You are a wonderful singer, total pro.  You should be making money with that voice.  Out of the park guys, fantastic.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Second mix ....maybe......hard to tell........Hook is such a pro with recording/mixing....it sounds like I am listening to a proper studio recording here..........second mix wins by a hair.........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Thanks Guys.........@ Andy not quite the Dungies but i did have my slippers on....much smoother moves with slippers...your feet don't stick to the carpet so much.......@Dave i wish i could make some money then i could pay the bloody speeding fine i just got from one of the thousand and one cameras on the A1 ......bloody Goverment as if they don't take enough already......They have their bloody eye on you everywhere........................................Bloody no goods....&%***&^$@@!@$$£$£%$^&*&*(() mutter... mutter.... mutter.......

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

Glad you guys liked the track, the real star is Reg (cheer up charlie), His vocal is just outta site! Hey Bluesberry, It is me on banjo and bass, however the drums are programed on the br900, I turned the knobs and picked the patterns I even made the quarter note fill at the end of each chorus but it's not me on drums. I really want to get a cheapo electric kit, Guitar Center has one for $299 but it a hard toy to justify when my AKG wireless just went out and I kinda need it. anyhow man Reg you can sing! listened to it in the car today and you just rock....on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

fenderbender

Brilliant
ver.2
the vocals are just top class!!!!
great recording all round>
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600