Rome (all roads lead to) CityFest v2 tidy up - andy casson

Started by andy casson, November 10, 2011, 06:30:07 AM

andy casson

all roads v2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
CityFest (banner image missing)

Thought I'd have a crack at writing a song about a City, and always loved Rome...so there you go
I am sure I have plagurised something with the chorus, but for the life of me I can't think what song, so if anyone can advise I'd be grateful

Lyrics:

All roads lead to Rome
Her bright lights call me home

Come follow the path, come follow the star
Step on the sand, come from afar
Chasng the wind, they follow the road
She's calling to me, calling me home

Version 1
[soundclick]11205472[/soundclick]

thetworegs

Excellent .....haunting music with a great vocal what more could we ask for.....like the way the guitar and drums creep in ....love the cat calling lead the icing on the cake....great job....Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

maxit

wait for you here in Rome !!!! good song! for the plague, i think is original instead .. my country head could only think about 'take me home country road', but was 'home' - not 'rome' ... ;-)
I loved it!!!! bravo
recorder
Audacity

Hi Andy, a wonderfully sombre piece of music that lifts to another level when the drums and guitar come in. Great build..........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

Hi Andy.. great original and good vibe with the song
this is surely a bump up . Cheers NEIL.!

Glenn Mitchell

It's has a great feel . Loved the harmonies. Nicely sung. What is the backer done with?
the distorted guitar and drums came in and really picked things up. Anthemic.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Hook

Cool build, solid song, great production, well done!!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

andy casson

Thanks for the feedback guys, Max especially happy you like it!

Glen, the main backing used was Sonar x1 Soft Synths - SoundCentre for strings and Dimension Pro for synthy bells (session drummer 3 for drums) , I noticed you are new Sonar user, I am still discovering and learning, but I think it's pretty powerful! You may have noticed I like the string samples, they are fab

Also posted a v2 - no major changes -
tidied the original up a little, wrote some more lyrics and re-recorded the main vocal and solo, and brought the harmonies up in the mix a little

cheers
andy

Rata-tat-tat

Andy... when I first started here at SC... I hadn't found myself musically... not sure that I really have yet... but you my friend have an unmistakeable sound... I always enjoy your work and when I forget to label your files on the MP3 player I always know it's you... In a good way. This one is no exception... Brilliant... Epic... awesome... alll of the above. Thanks for sharing Andy. See you in Rome.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

SE

Excellent vox with a really top atmospheric sound, the rock guitar builds it nicely, top stuff.
recorder
Boss BR-80