Waning interest in Micro BR?

Started by marcus_gloom, January 02, 2009, 07:02:08 AM

marcus_gloom

I have observe that there seems to a a rising disinterest in the Boss Micro BR lately,

In several music forums, i tend to see more and more micro br units are being posted for sale, at the home page of microrecrders i can also see units being re-sold.

Maybe some people who bought the BR are getting bored, tired or lazy of using their investment.

Recently, i am also guilty of being lazy

I hope this is just temporary...

I guess  i must start using it more and more coz i feel like im getting unproductive musically.

Flash Harry

There is no waning interest on my part. In fact I have not been as enthusiastic about music and guitars as I have been recently. The MBR has given me a new lease of life. And great new musicians to play and collaborate with.

I can't imagine a serious amateur getting rid of such a useful and portable device.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hewhoiscalledj

I think in this new age of "instant gratification, instant messaging, instant coffee, and instant everything else," there also comes instant boredom and disatisfaction as soon as something actually becomes a little tedious or difficult.

Some folks realize that learning to use the MBR involves a little, or a lot of research of recording and live sound in general. Add to that hours/days/weeks of trial and error, experimentation, do-overs and some of these kids would just throw it all away and get their kicks playing Guitar Hero... Sad, but apparently acceptable in this age of disposable dreams and free hand-outs.

The same is true of all sorts of musical equipment. Just consider the classifieds ads shortly after Xmas when all the would be guitarists, drummers, etc give up on learning their shiny new toys and move on to other hobbies instead. Its part of our evolving human nature I suppose.

Personally, I love the MicroBR. Even when I eventually move on to a much more robust recording system, the MBR will have a place in my heart as the piece of gear that opened up the world of recording to my fingertips. It helps that it looks so damn sexy.

Flash Harry

Quote from: hewhoiscalledj on January 02, 2009, 12:58:04 PMI think in this new age of "instant gratification, instant messaging, instant coffee, and instant everything else," there also comes instant boredom and disatisfaction as soon as something actually becomes a little tedious or difficult.

Some folks realize that learning to use the MBR involves a little, or a lot of research of recording and live sound in general. Add to that hours/days/weeks of trial and error, experimentation, do-overs and some of these kids would just throw it all away and get their kicks playing Guitar Hero... Sad, but apparently acceptable in this age of disposable dreams and free hand-outs.

The same is true of all sorts of musical equipment. Just consider the classifieds ads shortly after Xmas when all the would be guitarists, drummers, etc give up on learning their shiny new toys and move on to other hobbies instead. Its part of our evolving human nature I suppose.

Personally, I love the MicroBR. Even when I eventually move on to a much more robust recording system, the MBR will have a place in my heart as the piece of gear that opened up the world of recording to my fingertips. It helps that it looks so damn sexy.

What a fine soliloquy.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SteveG

I will admit that I have come to the point that I want to get set up to record to PC, but get shot of the MBR? Never!!!!

Ferryman

Well, I've had mine for nearly a year and have only just started doing serious recording with it. It's mainly been used up to now to record live stuff (my son's band and my own jams with friends) so I have not been exploiting its full potential. I just love it and am really impressed with the quality of the finished output in MP3 format. A weekend jamming around on the MP3 sounds better quality than the studio recordings that various bands I was in paid a lot of money for in the 1980s.

Am I mistaken in thinking it is still unique in its ability to generate MP3s? This is a huge selling point for me.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

mr2kewl

people should just say it like it is when they declare boredom. what they are really saying is "I'm too lazy and self-centered to do anything for myself and expect that whoever hears this should provide me with something so I don't have put out any effort for myself."

i'll now step off my soapbox.

mark r
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Oldrottenhead

i love my mbr, if it ever broke at least i know i can get a cheap replacement on ebay.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

mr2kewl

congrats ORH - did anybody give ya a hearty handshake and a pat on the back for breaking a grand!!!???
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Greeny

The BR is part of my life now. I'd immediately replace it if I ever lost or broke the one I have. Like Flash Harry says - it's actually energised / inspired me for even more musical output, so it's an essential component in my creativity (along with the desire to create...).

If people out there aren't getting any value or benefit out of it, it's definitely their loss!  ;)