New procedure for submitting songs to a festival

Started by 64Guitars, November 03, 2011, 01:09:58 PM

64Guitars

Quite a few members are still not submitting their songs correctly for the festivals, so I've created a guide with the instructions here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=13#post_HowToSubmitSongsToFestivals

Please be sure to follow this procedure for all festival submissions.

Thanks.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Thanks 64, nice guide & thank you for your continued commitment, care and diligence!
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

It's a year today since this festival submission procedure went into effect and a few people are still not following it. So I've added a notice in the blue box below the message editor:

From now on, any posts that don't follow these instructions will not be added to the festival jukebox, even if it's obvious that the song is intended for a festival. And I'll no longer send you a PM to ask if you meant for your song to be in the festival. It's up to you to submit it correctly. Sorry to be so strict but it's been a year and I think that a few people will never learn to do it right if there are no consequences for doing it wrong. The new notice is quite prominent and the festival submission guide clearly describes the procedure which is very easy, so there should be no excuse for not following it.

Also, from now on, I will post detailed descriptions of each of the current festivals in the Current Festivals topic so you'll know what sort of songs are expected for the festivals. The topic is sticky and can be found in the General Discussion board. There is also a link to it in the blue notice box below the message editor.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Farrell Jackson

None of my Yule Fest songs will play from the Festival page. I think it might be because I replaced the original mixes with new mixes. How can I remedy this? Any help appreciated.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

64Guitars

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 22, 2020, 07:47:17 AMNone of my Yule Fest songs will play from the Festival page. I think it might be because I replaced the original mixes with new mixes. How can I remedy this? Any help appreciated.

Yes. it's because you changed the mp3 attachment and the jukebox still points to the original attachment which no longer exists. Whenever you replace an mp3 attachment that is in a festival jukebox, you should set the message icon back to "Festival submission" to attract the attention of myself or cuthbert and add a note at the bottom of the message saying "2020/12/22 - New mix" or something like that. When we see it, we'll update the jukebox to point to the new attachment. I'll fix your entries in the YuleFest jukebox now, but please keep this in mind for the future.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 22, 2020, 08:46:14 AM
Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 22, 2020, 07:47:17 AMNone of my Yule Fest songs will play from the Festival page. I think it might be because I replaced the original mixes with new mixes. How can I remedy this? Any help appreciated.

Yes. it's because you changed the mp3 attachment and the jukebox still points to the original attachment which no longer exists. Whenever you replace an mp3 attachment that is in a festival jukebox, you should set the message icon back to "Festival submission" to attract the attention of myself or cuthbert and add a note at the bottom of the message saying "2020/12/22 - New mix" or something like that. When we see it, we'll update the jukebox to point to the new attachment. I'll fix your entries in the YuleFest jukebox now, but please keep this in mind for the future.

Got it, thanks 64.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?