Started by Scorpios, January 26, 2008, 07:06:07 PM

Scorpios

the red
Time:
0:00
Volume:
3 Djembes, 2 tambourines a Shakere and Jim Dunlop 'Eggz' + MicroBR

Pedro

Wow man, sounds superb! What mic did you use? On my speakers the lowest djembe has such a deep sound, its awesome. The panning is great, I like the way you sorted them out.

Great playing there as well!

You should continue this, maybe add some guitar or something, or some flute. A flute would be nice, I've jammed with a Quena I made and it sounds good.

Scorpios

Thanks, this was all done with the MicroBR's built in mic. I will probably add some more elements to it this week.

Pedro

Quote from: Scorpios on January 27, 2008, 02:00:16 PMThanks, this was all done with the MicroBR's built in mic. I will probably add some more elements to it this week.

Really? That's very cool, sounds great.

Waouh !!!
Congratulations...
With just the internal mic ? Amazing !
Your music is great, thanks for sharing !

Oldrottenhead

127. now.
Time:
Volume:
i,ve put 2 rhythm guitars and doubletracked a vocal over your rhythm hope you like.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

N0WTHENN
Time:
Volume:
ive added more to it with some keyboard trying to get a bit of dischord going. hic hic hughieeeeeeeeeeee.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

That is actually pretty cool Oldrottenhead. You are having a creativity burst! I usually have those when I'm drunk as well.  :D

I added your version to my playlist. Great work!

hooper

Was digging through the archive of BR recordings this rainy Saturday morning and found this gem... Very cool hand drum rhythms, Scorpios! And nicely recorded. I recently made a cajon and have been having fun banging on it so your playing especially caught my interest.

And really liked what Oldrottenhead added on too.  What you came up with fits so well. This song seems worthy of developing into a more polished production.

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

SteveG

Nice rhythm work there, and liked what ORH did with it too, but what is a djembes?