Unicordia - first serious Micro BR recording by a newbie

Started by Ferryman, January 01, 2009, 01:56:59 PM

Greeny

Nice one boys. I loved the instrumental alone, but ORH takes it to a whole new level with the vocal. A bit of a cracker all round  :)

Never thought I'd see Mr Dawkin's voice of reason appearing on a song on here! Nice one Jim  ;)

Ferryman

ORH, I like what you've done with the vocals (no more Minder  :) ) and also the use of Dawkins is inspired as I am a big Dawkins fan.

However, you can probably sense the "but" coming..... IMO the vox are a bit overpowering in this mix and with the Dawkins speak going over the bass break and the solos, I feel it's lost some dynamics. The level of the previous mix was spot on to me, and if there's any way you could have Dawkins just over the first part of the break, or at least drop him in the mix when the solos start, that would be very cool.

And now you may be finding out why I've ended up posting solo work on a site like this. I bet you're already thinking that guy must be a pain to be in the studio with  ;D

Seriously, thanks for the effort in adding more creativity to my stuff. Hope I don't come across as a nagging barsteward.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

yaw nagging barsteward
correct dawkns is too loud never had ma heidphones on and i was pissed as a fart when i mixed it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

That'll be me  :D The voice of reason when Jack Daniels is at the controls!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

DAWM1X01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hi remixed it, this time i imported mr dawson into the micro br took vox down in mix a bit and mastered without any mastering effects.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Nice. Very 80s. Reminds me a bit of INXS, Simple Minds, U2, etc.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ferryman

Great - love it! Really makes it feel very different. Vocal mix is nice now.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on January 01, 2009, 04:31:28 PMI'd really recommend the Kaossilator. It's dirt cheap and gives you an amazing palette of sounds to work with. It's easy to play as well.

And now you can get it in pink:

For girls under the age of 14, I guess. What was Korg thinking?   ???

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 15, 2009, 10:35:15 AM
Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on January 01, 2009, 04:31:28 PMI'd really recommend the Kaossilator. It's dirt cheap and gives you an amazing palette of sounds to work with. It's easy to play as well.

And now you can get it in pink:

For girls under the age of 14, I guess. What was Korg thinking?   ???

They were thinking of weirdos like me who get a kick out of lurid, inappropriate colours!  :D :D :D