Unicordia - first serious Micro BR recording by a newbie

Started by Ferryman, January 01, 2009, 01:56:59 PM

beleg

beleg

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on January 05, 2009, 09:49:17 AMThis is great. So many interesting things going on.

It's definitely '80's' ... it has Heaven 17, Animotion, and several other synth-led bands in it's DNA. The slap bass takes me straight back to being a New Romantic too  :D

I'm surprised that OldRottenHead hasn't added any vocals yet... it's dying out for some singing!

Fantastic stuff - and what a way to announce yourself.

p.s. I don't think I'll get a Kaossilator - it seems pretty addictive, and I'd be playing with it way too much  :D

Thanks for the nice feedback, much appreciated. It's funny how the 80s just creeps out whenever I play! I was listening to some early Ultravox today and realized what my guitar playing sounds like.....

Will post some more when I get time. But it will probably be a few weeks.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

G00D4U01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
really like this one, couldnt resist greeny's comment
QuoteI'm surprised that OldRottenHead hasn't added any vocals yet... it's dying out for some singing!
so i added a simple lyric leaving a big gap in the middle where the synth and guitars come in hope you like.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Well I like it. Beyond me how you can churn these lyrics out so fast and still maintain such a high quality.

ianjm

Hey Jim there is a Sting soundalike going on on your vox for this one  ;D ;D ;D

Ferryman

I'm impressed - I didn't think it was possible to fit vox to this as I tried on purpose to make it an instrumental. Sounds good - how did you do it? Import the MP3 into a song and add vox? I was thinking of trying that and it's clear it works (if that's how you did it).

I'm afraid there's a "but" though. "I could be so good for you" means one thing to me (well two things) - Minder and Dennis Waterman :o You may be too young to remember, but Google it and it will haunt you...

If you fancy redoing it, how about "I could make a dream for you" or something like that? But don't worry, it sounds good as is.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

haha minder never even thought of that lol and i am actually too old to remember it hahahaha..

i actually used a headline from todays daily record  (the headline being "i could be so good for you")about wee verne making advances to one of his housemates in celebrity big brother.

regarding how i did it. i downloaded your mp3 put it in the mp3 folder in my sd card and imported it into a new song. used tracks 1 and 2 for your music and track 3 for vocals, then mastered with pop setting.
 i have no problems redoing it. will come up with something.
re the gap with no vocals was thinking of using voice recordings like brian eno and david byrne did in my life in the bush.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

i think i'll go for i could make your dreams come true
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

183 i could make your dreams come true
Time:
0:00
Volume:
okay nowcalled i can make your dreams come true and also added a voice over from richard dawkins from his book on evolution river out of eden over the gap without a vox had to put it all into cubase and do a bit of time stretching with richard dawkins to get it to fit.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann