Proposal: "Achtung Baby" tribute by Songcrafters!

Started by FuzzFace, October 29, 2011, 08:59:50 PM

Facemask93

Im three parts through Ultraviolet , just need a final push

Robbie Burns

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

FuzzFace

Quote from: facemask93 on January 30, 2012, 11:10:34 AMIm three parts through Ultraviolet , just need a final push

Robbie Burns

THAT will be a treat to hear!

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

I think I'll take a crack at "Love is Blindness" if it's still available, I would try "So Cruel " also if I'm steppin' on any ones toes. Of course I won't guarantee a faithful to the original type of cover if that matters, but I love the idea of having this album tribute. I saw U2's 2nd to last show of the Joshua Tree Tour, '89 I think and it still ranks up there with one of the best shows I've ever seen. Supposedly a bunch of Rattle & Hum were filmed at those last 2 shows, I didn't get a credit in the film but I always felt that I should have.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

FuzzFace

I believe Bluesberry had his name down for Love Is Blindness... although he mentioned there is a lot going on off-forum... something I can relate to lately.

In any case, you're not "steppin' on anyone's toes"... it's open season!

I love the idea of having this tribute as well... I love everyone's different takes on these tunes.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Hook on January 30, 2012, 01:26:07 PMI think I'll take a crack at "Love is Blindness" if it's still available, I would try "So Cruel " also if I'm steppin' on any ones toes. Of course I won't guarantee a faithful to the original type of cover if that matters, but I love the idea of having this album tribute. I saw U2's 2nd to last show of the Joshua Tree Tour, '89 I think and it still ranks up there with one of the best shows I've ever seen. Supposedly a bunch of Rattle & Hum were filmed at those last 2 shows, I didn't get a credit in the film but I always felt that I should have.
Do it man, for the love of god do it.......I would love to hear this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

ah and one more thing ... as I've done two that no-one else  has covered, it would be nice if someone took a stab at at least one of them so we can have different artists on all the songs !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Only two songs to go!

1Zoo StationDavidsen
2Even Better Than the Real ThingGreeny
3Oneside effect, Burtog, Geir, Pete C, psychmusic
4Until the End of the Worlddasilvasings
5Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild HorsesGeir
6So Cruelandrewh (Tangled Wires)
7The Flyandycasson
8Mysterious Waysthetworegs with Vaisvil
9Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World      Geir
10Ultraviolet (Light My Way)Not yet done
11AcrobatNot yet done
12   Love Is BlindnessHook

Quote from: FuzzFace on January 30, 2012, 08:30:13 AMI still owe my version of "Acrobat".

FuzzFace

Quote from: facemask93 on January 30, 2012, 11:10:34 AMIm three parts through Ultraviolet , just need a final push

Robbie Burns

PUSH!!!  PUSH!!!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

As of March 1st I've some free time. If no-one has done Acrobat by then I might give it a stab. I'm fairly unfamiliar with the song so it might be an adventure for all of us *blush*
If someone else wants to do it, please do so. Don't hold back on my account. But I can't see this project sidelined and will step up if no-one else will.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

FuzzFace

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on February 23, 2012, 08:13:24 PMAs of March 1st I've some free time. If no-one has done Acrobat by then I might give it a stab. I'm fairly unfamiliar with the song so it might be an adventure for all of us *blush*
If someone else wants to do it, please do so. Don't hold back on my account. But I can't see this project sidelined and will step up if no-one else will.

I'm down for it.  I will give it a whirl.

That being said, there's no reason we can't have 2 Acrobats.