What is this Road? mix1 andy casson

Started by andy casson, October 29, 2011, 07:50:33 AM

andy casson

what is this road mix1_sm
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Refective song written 1991-2 ish, I only had a really dodgy 4 track recording to go on, but wanted to re-record for ages. Also have 13 year old daughter (India) singing, had to beat her with a stick...and leave her in the room alone..and wait for a full moon and east wind..., but left her vocal in as I like it.
Also most unusual for me, no guitars at all, sampled strings and piiano
I hope you like it  :)
andy

Lyrics:
I'm feeling lonely cover me
When all is empty where I see
I'm heading nowhere, so it seems
Chase away these ugly dreams

What is this road we travel on and on or so it seems
I'm holding on to childhood dreams

Hold me darling, cover me
Take me with you when you sleep
I'm going nowhere, cover me
All is empty...so it seems

Redler

This is stellar, Andy!!! Great vocals and well written song! Nice idea to have 'pause' on rhythm at 2 minutes... I like this a lot... beautiful lyrics, as well.

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

ive been busy on my own stuff for the last day or so so playing catch up, bloody magic andy , i have 2 daughters one ten and the other sixteen (strange names i know) both are great singers but i cant get them to record for love or money, really jealous on that score.

wonderful.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Hey what a great track, excellent vox from you both, nice piano and strings too, enjoyed this lots !!
recorder
Boss BR-80

thetworegs

excellent Andy fantastic song .........Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Tangled Wires

Mesmerising song Andy, you and your daughters vocals blend so well together to create a lovely harmony.

Nice change to put the guitars away, and really like the way you have layered the keys and strings here.

Nice one!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

This is fantastic. Ambitious, but beautifully realised. Such a soulful vibe.

Oh yes.

andy casson

Hi guys

thanks very much for all the kind comments, glad you liked it, as this song really gets me emotionally. As for India - don't daughters drive you mad?  I could not keep her off the mic when she was five! And what gets me is she is in the choir at school...[insert your own expletive]!

Anyway, glad I am not the only dad facing teenage daughter hystrionics!
cheers
andy

OsCKilO

This is an Outstanding track!

Seriously good!

That is something special recorded right there! From Concept to fruition!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Rata-tat-tat

Hey Andy... Love this track. I'm also trying to get my niece and nephew 6&11 year old to do a christmas album for their mom... it started last year about this time... I'm still working on it... she might get it by next Christmas... LOL... Tell the daughter... no shame in this track. I thought she did a stellar job. The song is great one... I see why you brought it back to the surface... but mostly I'm glad you did. Thanks for sharing... love it.

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02