Vote for the November/December "Artists/Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, October 25, 2011, 11:24:16 AM

Speed Demon

Its not a question of likes or dislikes. The original Monkees were a fake band. No getting around that.
What any of them did later didn't matter to me, one way or the other. Simple as that.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

phantasm777

in season 2, as i said they wrote all of their own songs, head, and the birds, the bees and the monkees, and a few other lps they wrote the music for, and how thats fake is beyond me?
i just notice that when someone doesnt like, in this case a band, they cannot get past thier own hurdles of what the truth is.
how you make 3 or 4 lps, and have control of the second seasons music, entirely, and can still be fakes, is beyond me. they didnt lip synch, they played live in 67 with hendrix on tour, among other gigs then, and how you fake that, hmm.
like i said its ok to not like them, but misinforming to fit your disdain is just unfair.

phantasm777

i should say, its not only unfair but very misinformed.

Bluesberry

I rather liked and still like the Monkees.  They started out a gimmick TV show, but they had the goods to take control and make their own music.  And they were actually well respected by their peers at the time.  Hell, the Beatles, Lennon especially, thought they were fantastic.  There were lots of manufactured bands at that time, most were hidden behind shadows and lies, at least these guys were honest.  There is a lot of rumours about the Birds, The Doors, Beach Boys, Love, lots of bands at that time that maybe didn't actually play any instruments on their albums.  Look around the net, lots of funny stories from that time.  The wrecking crew is rumoured to be the actual musicians on many late 60's California band albums at the time.  It was all manufactured in some fashion.  Who cares, it was fun music and I still enjoy it to this day.  The Monkeeys, why not?  They were just the tip of the iceburg, at least they were honest about it.  Hell, the Sex Pistols were a manufactured Boy Band.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

phantasm777

i was never a fan of u2 so i'll just leave it at that. :O

Bluesberry

Their best album was Achtung Baby, it all went downhill from there for my ears.  Zooropa had its moments........then it all slipped away....................

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

looks to me that everybody should vote for "songs you hate but secretly love" :o ;D :o ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

MacArthur Park

Originally performed by Jimmy Webb.

I vote for ORH and Wiley to do a duet vocal on it.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

dasilvasings

Quotelooks to me that everybody should vote for "songs you hate but secretly love"     

lol! I told ya!

I'm changing my vote for U2, but that's in line with "songs you hate but secretly love"!

This has been quite some voting!
recorder
Boss Micro BR