refugees - van der graaf generator song by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 24, 2011, 03:56:55 AM

Oldrottenhead

was messing about with some new sampling software and put a midi track of refugees by vdgg through it assigning each track to a sampled instrument, just to find my way round the software, so not my usual fare more of a karaoke kinda thing.

done on the pc as my daughter dropped my laptop and cracked the screen, original intention was to do something original using my juno as interface but cant fit the juno in the pc cupboard under the stairs.

anyway here you go.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

My fave VdGG track, a wonderful piece of music. Enjoyed it Jim, but the vox are a bit lost and the production is a bit muddy, there's a really nice vocal performance in there but I can't really hear it that well, especially the intro. Can you brighten up the vox so they cut through a bit more?

And can you do Man Erg and Killer next please!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

was just messing about with new software nigel, but for you will remix it with headphones rather than crappy pc speakers.

was thinking about doing man erg, but actually trying to play it myself rather than like this karaoke midi thingy. will see if i am able, i doubt it but will try, will probably be a lot less faithful than this one.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

took longer to remix than it did to do in the first place  ;D ;D ;D ;D hope its a bit better nigel.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAnd can you do Man Erg and Killer next please!
had a go at man erg can do the first couple of verses and despite knowing the song for the best part of my life i cant work out what the hell they are playing at the "how can i be free" bit, that's why they are my favourite band i guess.

update: tried killer too not even close.

you fancy trying nigel? a wee vdgg collab.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

I tried once to work out some of these songs, and gave up in defeat.  Very deceptive these are.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 24, 2011, 07:06:13 PMI tried once to work out some of these songs, and gave up in defeat.  Very deceptive these are.
yup.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann