IS SC RUNNING SLOW?

Started by Snowpig, October 22, 2011, 03:29:29 PM

cuthbert

No problems at all up here in the remote reaches of Maine, USA (well, we do have high-speed internet via Time Warner Cable).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

alfstone

Quote from: cuthbert on October 24, 2011, 09:22:41 AMNo problems at all up here in the remote reaches of Maine, USA (well, we do have high-speed internet via Time Warner Cable).

My son talked me about several problems with Adobe Flash Player's most recent update...I don't know if this could be the reason...

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Flash Harry

It's nice and fast for me right now. I've had no problem listening to any song.  I'm using Flash version 10.3.183.5
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Farrell Jackson

Right now, there's no lagging with song plays on the West Coast of the USA. Once in a while a song won't play at all so I just go back to the home page and open it again. That usually works for me.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

cuthbert

Quote from: alfstone on October 24, 2011, 10:05:39 AMMy son talked me about several problems with Adobe Flash Player's most recent update...I don't know if this could be the reason...

I do have the latest version of the Flash Player: 11,0,1,152. Not sure what the problem may be...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

i'll update my flash player and try again, will try before  first to compare.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

still laggy pre flashplayer update and still laggy post flashplayer update
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

havent been able to listen to anything today other than stuff linked from elsewhere.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

It's not just Songcrafters. Apparently, other Bluehost users are having the same problem. The curious thing is that it only seems to affect European visitors.

http://www.bluehostforum.com/showthread.php?24121-Bluehost-intermittently-slow&s=96f95f2b6c5b3e537125b777b5cee575

That message thread describes the problem as intermittent. Are those of you who are experiencing this problem finding that it occasionally works okay?

None of the suggestions in that thread (throttling, housekeeping, etc.) make sense to me because they would affect all visitors to the site, not just those in Europe. I haven't had any problems with the speed and, so far, nobody in North America has reported a similar problem. Also, I don't think it's affecting everyone in Europe. So I think it must be something that's common to several European internet providers. Perhaps it's something to do with the routing of traffic between the ISP and the Bluehost server in Utah, USA. There may be some faulty hardware on that route. Other ISPs routing their traffic differently may be bypassing the faulty hardware.

Are any of our European members not experiencing this slowdown? If so, please say so here. I'd just like to confirm whether it's affecting all European visitors or only some.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

blue host link is taking ages to open too .lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann