IS SC RUNNING SLOW?

Started by Snowpig, October 22, 2011, 03:29:29 PM

Snowpig

I'm really struggling with the site today, is anyone else??

Cant play any tunes.

Burtog

The site keeps freezing on me, not sure if it's local broadband or the site which is the problem, I keep having to refresh the screen to do anything.

???
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

It's working okay for me. I think the problem may be limited to certain internet providers in the UK since nobody else has complained.

If the problem is mainly in playing the songs, you might find this helpful. When you first click Play on the MP3 player, two horizontal bars start progressing across the width of the player from left to right. The light blue-grey bar indicates the portion of the song which has played so far. The dark grey bar to the right of it shows the portion of the song which has been downloaded to your hard drive so far (buffering). The light grey area to the right of that (if present) represents the portion of the song which has not yet been downloaded. If the song is downloading very slowly, the blue-grey play bar will catch up to the dark grey buffer bar, causing the player to pause while it waits for more of the song to download.

If you click Pause on the player immediately after clicking Play, the song will stop playing but continue to download. When the dark grey bar extends fully across the player, the entire song has been downloaded to your hard drive and you can click Play to listen to it uninterrupted.

For me, the dark grey buffer bar is full-width (fully-buffered) almost instantly in most cases. Occasionally, it's a bit slower, but always well ahead of the blue-grey play bar so that the song plays uninterrupted without me having to click Pause. That suggests to me that the site is working normally and any speed problems you're having are local. Therefore, it's unlikely that anything I can do will solve the problem for you. If the site has worked fine for you in the past and this problem has only just started, then perhaps it's just a temporary problem with your internet provider and it might improve in the next few days. If not, you might want to contact them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

was laggy for me on saturday and been away working since but this morning is still very laggy got a file to upload, will report back on how that goes.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

well song uploaded pretty quickly but playback still very stuttery
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

the black buffering bar is hardly moving
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

after 5 mins i have only managed to get 20 seconds to play now trying to download song and is taking forever still on 1% in the time it took to upload song.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 24, 2011, 04:07:41 AMafter 5 mins i have only managed to get 20 seconds to play now trying to download song and is taking forever still on 1% in the time it took to upload song.

Me too Jim,

I haven't been able to play a song for 2 days, I thought the problem was my PC but I am at work now and the problem is even worse here, it's took tens minutes just to get to be able to reply to your post. Snowpig (the old man) also can't get access at home or at work. Just getting on the site full stop is now an issue.

Help!!
recorder
Boss BR-800

alfstone

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 24, 2011, 04:07:41 AMafter 5 mins i have only managed to get 20 seconds to play now trying to download song and is taking forever still on 1% in the time it took to upload song.

Exactly the same issue for me here in Italy.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

pjd1

I have had some concerns playing music as well 64 ! cant nail it down to a time or date , just thought the internet was slow from my provider  ?

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8