Twilight Years v1 - Halloween season miserable song -andy casson

Started by andy casson, October 18, 2011, 08:09:28 AM

andy casson

Twilight Years v1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Picture of doom and gloom, it's a one bass line song, going back to around '94 when my son was born and I stopped and took a look at the world as a new dad and wondered what I had brought my child into.
Anyway, lost the original lyrics, so re-wrote some a few months ago
Tried to make it interesting (as it is only one bass line), so the guitar riff during the last minute is a new addition on the spur of the moment, as I really struggled to come up with anything that worked using chords
Recorded on Sonar, Les Paul, Yammy bass, and my dodgy vocals, sound effects mostly from feeesound.org (great site)
Enjoy  :)

chapperz66

It kept my interest Andy.  And I don't think your vocals are dodgy.  At least they are a lot better than mine.

Have you decided what sort of world you have brought your son into?  I think it has it's moments....

Geir

A really interesting song indeed. Loved the use of soundeffects and the vocals are not bad at all. Nice guitarwork as well.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Really nice vox, the bass drive,s it all along nicely and the fx fit well too, excelllent listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Rata-tat-tat

Hey Andy... love the menace... and those vox aren't dodgy at all IMO... They actually remind me much of Bon Scott in the early years. Great song/ great recording. Love it to pieces.

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02