iPhone/iPad Music Apps

Started by 64Guitars, October 15, 2011, 12:05:04 PM

ODH

It's the day I've been waiting for (since I updated to iOS8 last year).  Fingerlab have finally come through with a new version of the DM1 drum machine which doesn't distort.

I've got my drum machine back, yay!
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Here's a new free app that might be useful for Atmospheric Fest.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id988390358

Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.

TC-Performer from Bit Shape Software

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Hook

Thanks 64, I went ahead and shelled out the $7 bucks for all the patches. I think Y & Z are on the horizon!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

chip

I have gone a little crazy at the moment due to app gas. I am now considering the kaossilator for i phone. My intention is to get the app, then off load the hardware version. But, Is it any better than the hardware version, is it the same.? I like the real one but if the app one is the same or better then the other one can go.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Hook

Love the app gas! I knew you would like thumbjam brother, it's changed the way I approach every thing, songwriting,producing, I'd like to figure out a way to use it live through my loop station. I've enjoyed the ikaossiolator app but I do feel now like I've just about explored all the options with it. Still I got many songs out of it and feel very satisfied with the purchase. I have a yellow kaossilator I bought used a while ago a played around with it once. I didn't take to it quick enough and have explored it since, I even thought perhaps it was damaged. I think I'll put it in my studio thus morning to mess around with later. If your looking for atmosphere and sound effects check out TC Performer, it's got a huge bank of sounds and is extremely cool. Animoog is also incredible & drum jam continues to be a staple for me along with garage band. Cassini synthetic is also cool
Rock on brother!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

chip

Crazy stuff Hook. I got another one by Propellerhead called Figure, I like it too and I got it free ( I think it's free anyway) I can't believe this stuff, that TC performer looks great too. I don't know what to do with the Kaossilator 2 or the kaossilator mini (red one) it seems like they may be made redundant by all these other cool apps I have.

The apps I have seem to do what the korg hardware stuff does anyway, as a bonus the apps are way easier to use, sound great and are way cheaper than the hardware choices. Oh yeah, I forgot,  I got that addictive micro synth one too, fantastic and so easy to get on with. I had a micro Korg but sold it, the micro synth does for what I need and it was only 3 quid.

I will probably sell the little Korg units, get an I pad and throw all the guitars out ( only joking about the guitars)
These apps and stuff are real cool but not as cool as guitars. All these apps sound great on the BR80 line in by the way, I tried some straight from the phone through my headphones, the sound level nearly took my head off. Only problem now is running out of space on the phone.

I don't use the phone for much only calls and a bit of wifi when out and about, but boy am I glad my sister let me have it.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Steel Guitar app for iOS from Yonac is now free for a limited time.

You can also buy the 'Whole Enchilada' IAP for UK£3.99.  – I did :) it gives a lot of extra guitars/amps/FX and a recorder

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........