***HELP!*** BR800 bouncing tracks!!!

Started by Burtog, October 12, 2011, 12:28:09 PM

Burtog

Quote from: Geir on October 12, 2011, 03:51:02 PMBe sure to selct V-track 2 on all the tracks after bouncing, as the BR800 won't do it for you. (Neither do the mbr as far as I can recall).

Geir, well spotted this makes sense. I guess I just select the V-tracks by going to menu v-tracks and then scrolling down the lines to pick the new recording destinations?

Gary
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Quote from: Burtog on October 13, 2011, 02:55:26 AM
Quote from: Geir on October 12, 2011, 03:51:02 PMBe sure to selct V-track 2 on all the tracks after bouncing, as the BR800 won't do it for you. (Neither do the mbr as far as I can recall).
Geir, well spotted this makes sense. I guess I just select the V-tracks by going to menu v-tracks and then scrolling down the lines to pick the new recording destinations?

Gary
Yes. "TRACK"-"V-TRACK" then use the arrows "<" & ">" to select TR1-7/8 and use the wheel to select new "V"-tracks. (p.39 in the manual)  When bouncing, or mastering as it's called on the br800, it defaults to TR78V8 (or V-MST as they for some reason have called it). If you're not mastering it makes more sence to bounce to V2 imo. Also, be sure to turn off the master effect (if on) when bouncing unless you intend to use it.( I only use mastering effect when bouncing if I am just mixing down harmony vocal tracks that needs some compression. )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Burtog

Thanks ALL for your help, I'll report back and let you know how I get on!!

;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tony W

I'm quite late to the party, but I want to reiterate 64Guitar's point about keeping the Mastering and Bounced tracks separate. I always bounce to 5/6 V(x) and keep mastered tracks on 7/8 V(x).

I do it because I'm pretty lazy about taking notes, so it's really simple to keep them straight. I also go from bottom to top, starting with V8 and work my way back to V2 (if it's still available).

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

IanR

great thread guys

I am approaching a new level of knowledge with recording and this kind of advice just helps me to consolidate that knowledge.

Thanks a lot

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Burtog

As promised some feedback.

I was successful in bouncing tracks for Snowpigs song at the weekend, followed all your advice, it was much easier than I thought in the end but it has opened up a hole new world recording wise.

Thank y'all!!

;D
recorder
Boss BR-800