Taxi.com - One Year in: A user review

Started by Greeny, October 10, 2011, 10:37:13 AM

launched

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on October 11, 2011, 10:12:54 AM
Quote from: Willie Wendon on October 11, 2011, 09:27:00 AMI'm 63 in December, that makes me totally f%cked.................Willie

I'm not far behind you Willie...........I know a lot of us that fit into this grey haired rock category. We might as well have a f%cking good time of it.....that's one reason I stopped trying the write the right hit lyric. Now I just write down words that I can identify with and try not to think too hard about the process because it just hurts my old f%cking head.

Farrell

Hell, you guys are the bomb!! You keep my mp3 player full and happy! That's all I have to say 'bout that!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

QuoteJudging from what I hear on every f*cking TV ad these days, it will also help if you're a female who sings like an asthmatic, retarded 5 year old.

Although true and frustrating, Tim, I am laughing my frickin' ass off now! But at least you will be saved true embarassment later in life because you didn't sell out - Even though he won't admit it Vanilla Ice, after covering his trendy image, deep down still feels like a douche...
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SdC

Quote from: launched on October 12, 2011, 02:39:33 AM.....
That's because he does duets with hot chicks! ...
Ummmm.....Amy Winehouse?

recorder
Boss BR-600

SdC

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 11, 2011, 09:35:02 AMwell tony bennett just hit no1 in the us album charts at 85 years of age
But he had his first US #1 hit at the age of 25! Just in time!

recorder
Boss BR-600

launched

Quote from: SdC on October 12, 2011, 08:17:49 AM
Quote from: launched on October 12, 2011, 02:39:33 AM.....
That's because he does duets with hot chicks! ...
Ummmm.....Amy Winehouse?

Ah, I was thinking  more Norah Jones, etc. but whatever suits your taste bro!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Vanncad

Wow - Thanks for that review Tim.
I honestly considered joining Taxi a few months ago, but didn't know if they really did any music other than "New Country" (oops sorry - I just threw up in my mouth a little there).

Anyways, I read a good interview with Ralph Murphy where he was touting some of the benefits of orgs like Taxi and also talks about how to shop your songs. He does state that you do not need to spend a lot of money on a super quality demo, but that at the very least you should be in tune.

I respect Ralph's opinions, and music knowledge. I sent him an email about 10 years ago and he actually called me and we had a lengthy phone conversation regarding  the music biz.
In short, he told me "...if you're not willing to physically relocate to where the scene is (Nashville, Vancouver, Toronto at the time), then forget about it...".
Needless to say - I didn't move.

Sounds to me like Taxi is trying to suck up any left over money struggling Nashville writers have to offer.
It would be really interesting to hear from someone who has gone from obscurity (i.e.  no previous song submisions to other labels, songwriting memberships, etc.) to actually selling a song via Taxi.

Thanks again Tim.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Gnasty

The bottom line is you CAN only be yourself and SHOULD only be yourself when writing songs.
Isn`t that the whole point of sounding ORIGINAL!!!

You are a pro to my ears Tim, and there is lots like you too that Taxi doesn`t like. But in the end
what do they know or care? Everyone is greedy and loves the almighty dollar.

Thanks for the review....Don`t change for anyone!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Farrell Jackson

Maybe we should all send individual emails to Taxi telling them how much we enjoy Tim's music and songwriting.......especially his last one, lol! Maybe mention how screwed up they are as a byline  ;D

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Farrell Jackson

Here's a link to a review of Taxi's services from a guy that was a two year member. It's a well written review and easy read without nastily attacking Taxi. But, in the end he spent a lot of money and got zero in return. Check it out if you have the time. BTW, I don't know this guy at all. I just googled Taxi reviews and this popped up.

http://blog.earbits.com/online_radio/a-review-of-taxi-com/

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on October 14, 2011, 11:49:36 AMMaybe we should all send individual emails to Taxi telling them how much we enjoy Tim's music and songwriting.......especially his last one, lol! Maybe mention how screwed up they are as a byline  ;D

Farrell

Here's my sample email "Dear Taxi, you suck....Tim Green's music does not" LOL!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert