Ubuntu One for Windows

Started by 64Guitars, October 08, 2011, 06:54:37 PM

64Guitars

I'm not really into the idea of cloud computing myself. But for those of you who are interested in it, I just noticed that Ubuntu One is now available for Windows. It gives you 5 GB of free web storage which you can access from any desktop computer, laptop, netbook, mobile, etc.

https://one.ubuntu.com/downloads/windows/

It might come in handy for collaborating, or maybe even for hosting your MP3s. 5 GB is enough space to host over 1,000 MP3s. I'm not sure if the files would be directly linkable at Songcrafters though.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

I should probably search for the other link, but another free option for hosting songs with a direct link so you can stream them to Songcrafters.org (or anywhere really) is dropbox. It's free and a great way to share things as well, and they have a public folder. I currently have nearly 70 songs written since july 4th sitting in my public folder with links that I can share.

The only draw back as I see it... I'll probably eventually delete those songs for others on the free account (although I think you get 2GB free) for room for other things or more songs. Since we often listen to songs from a year or more ago here at Songcrafters, that could be an issue.
Of course you don't have to delete them if you only use the public folder for streaming. But even though I have at least 2 places I can direct link songs to, the option of uploading is so nice because I don't have to worry about clearing out space in the future. I'm not sure how much longer songcrafters can keep all the songs we've uploaded. Hopefully for a long time.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London