sore throat, recipe

Started by danieldesete, October 05, 2011, 03:09:06 PM

Dmann

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on October 24, 2011, 10:04:27 PMFisherman's Friend lozenges are great. I like the "Original Extra Strong" best. Lots of singers swear by them.

Yup, but for me It's all about the lemon. Something about lemon really loosens up my chords.
 I actually buy 2 x 1 litre bottles of that "Real Lemon" and add a squirt to ice water and thats all I drink now whenever we are recording or playing gigs.

Wiley

;D  Blackberry brandy!!  Just sip it as you go!!   Or ELSE you will be in trouble!!  But the mentholl... something or other helps open the nasal passages.    I am serious!  Works for me!!!  AT least if I remember right it does!!
Pj

Groundy

I have trouble with my throat quite a lot, I find Manuka Honey does the trick having said that it is very very expensive but I think its worth it, The other thing I have everyday is what Glenn recomended Fishermans Friend, original, I go through packets of them a week,  I dont know if whisky works or not because I drink that every night sore throat or not.lol.....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Lurker

I always carry a package of Ricola originals with me.  I first learned about them while doing five shows a week in musical theatre.  They work.

AndyR

Half a pint of Guiness with a Port in it. (Or a whole pint with two in it! :D)

Apparently it's an old folk-singer remedy. I used it once or twice years ago when I was gigging. It got me through a gig I was about to cancel. I tried the first set and the audience had to sing for me. This old guy came up to me in the car park in the beer break and said "drink this, it's Port and Guiness, you can do the second set... make sure you've got lots of water as well"

And he was right :)

If you have regular problems, though, I wouldn't rely on alcohol.

Try and get to the bottom of the problem - how you're generating your voice, that sort of thing. Unfortunately, a general-practice doctor might not be that helpful initially (or at all) - "it hurts when I sing..." "stop singing then!! Next..."

Warm drinks and honey, and REST - stop talking for a bit. And when it's feeling better, some practice and scales - use your singing voice a little and often to build up strength. And when you've got a sore throat, if you sing (and you can, I used to), it will make it worse and make it take longer to get better.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

danieldesete

Lurker, now I'm a ricola eater. Thanks for the tip.

AndyR, thanks for all these words of wisdom.
 I've always been taught  that Guinness does not travel well enough and it sure tast's like p... when it's served in France. Perhaps with port in it... Here we ad port in melon when they are tasteless...

I think I'll go for the other advise, sing little and often.

I'll also try to stop shouting on everyone !

thanks again to all of you
daniel

hou hou ha ha