recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

pjd1

recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

IanR

Just tried it and it worked perfectly.

I liked how the program knows that I use the MBR and the little picture appears in the top left corner.

cheers again,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Vanncad

Hey 64 - This is a sweet program my friend.

Tested on Vista (I know, I know...), and seems to be working fine.

This will save tons of time backing up and restoring songs and ideas.
I like the fact that you can apply a more descriptive name to the PC folder.

This is very cool.
When I get around to recording again, this is gonna be a very handy tool.

Thanks for building it and sharing it with the rest of us.

Fanatastic work man!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Ferryman

Haven't been round here much but just saw this, many thanks 64G, wiull download and try over the Xmas break.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cant believe u done this excellent job man,I've been bitching about something like this for ages and just lastnite in fact so thank you very much!

Rock on dude.

Geir

Just a little bump to remind people of this excellent little program! It sure makes things so much easier to keep the backups organized.

TIP of the day :
* Make a new song on your BR.
* Take a backup of it.
* Now you can make a new song on your BR by restoring that empty song.

This I have found very useful whenever I get a new collab song in the mail, and I, in my eagerness to get started on it, plug in the BR to copy that new track over and have forgotten to create a new empty song to put it on.

It's also useful to make empty songs with favourite "presets" on FX / Drumset /basic drum-arragement ......
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

A question:

If I where to move the backup-folder to a different disc/computer, will the song-descriptions follow that folder or are there some ini-files/registry-keys that must be copied as well?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on June 14, 2012, 04:38:31 AMIf I where to move the backup-folder to a different disc/computer, will the song-descriptions follow that folder or are there some ini-files/registry-keys that must be copied as well?

Yes, the long song title and notes will follow. The notes for each song are stored in the file "Notes.txt". It's a plain text file which can be viewed or edited in any standard text editor such as Windows Notepad. The long song title is stored in the file "SongInfo.dat". It's a binary file and should not be edited. Although, if you load it into a text editor, you can see the song title. This is sometimes handy when you're working with the song folders outside of BR Librarian or BR Explorer. It lets you see which song is in that folder. Similarly, you can view the short title of the song by looking at the file "SONGINF2.BR0" (a standard Roland file). Just don't write to either of these binary files or you'll corrupt their data. Since both "SongInfo.dat" and "Notes.txt" are stored in the song folder, they'll always remain with the song as long as you copy the entire song folder.

The only data that's stored in the registry is the preferences (default directories) and window data (size, position, and state). You don't need to worry about this because it will be re-created the first time you run the program on another computer. That's because the program looks for certain registry keys each time it's run. If it doesn't find them, it creates them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website