BR Song Librarian - new software for the BR

Started by 64Guitars, October 05, 2011, 01:28:22 AM

peterp

Looks great!
Can't wait to get home to give it a try!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Glenn Mitchell

Wow very cool! Many thanks 64, you are amazing.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

64Guitars

Thanks for the comments everyone. Glad you like it.

I forgot to mention the resizing options. First, you can resize the main window in the usual way by dragging any corner or edge. It remembers the window size and position so you don't have to adjust it each time you run the program. As you increase the width of the main window, the "Song Folder Name" column widens so that you can see your longer titles. In the middle of the screen, along the right edge of the BR section, is a vertical double line. This is called a splitter bar. When you hover the mouse over the splitter bar, the mouse pointer changes to something like "<-||->". If you then left-click on the splitter bar and drag it, the width of the BR section is adjusted accordingly. This widens the "Title / Description" column so that you can see your longer titles. Unfortunately, the position of the splitter bar isn't remembered when you close the program. I'll try to fix that in a later version.

Of course, another option is to maximize the window by double-clicking on its title bar or clicking the Windows maximize icon at the top-right. If you have a lot of songs in your song library folder and/or a lot of very long song titles, you might prefer running the program maximized.

BR Song Librarian was designed and tested for Windows XP. It should work just fine in other versions of Windows, however it has been reported that the colours don't look right in Windows 7. Everything looks white. I'm not sure if the same problem occurs in Vista (maybe someone could let me know?). I don't currently know of any solution to this problem but it doesn't affect the functionality of the program so it's not very important.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

pjd1

How good are you MR 64 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a brilliant bit of software which just strengthens the br series usage and storage ,, you should be on the Roland pay roll my friend !!!

You are a star !!!!!!

Works perfectly on the br 800 by the way!!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Tony W

You released a product at 3:30 in the morning! That's the mark of an awesome piece of software, can't wait to try it!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

This will make my life so much easier. As long as I stay organized.
Thank you VERY much, 64s
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

I found a minor bug in version 0.90 which would result in songs not being displayed on the BR side, but only when the songs were created on a BR-600 or BR-900. Version 0.91 fixes this bug.

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/software/BR Song Librarian v091 BETA.zip

Just copy the new BR_Songs.exe over the old one.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Glenn Mitchell

when i run it, I get a message "no disk in the drive, Please insert a disk in drive????
It runs anyway after a bit but I need to hit cancel 3 times to get rid of the warning.
It didn't do this until I canceled the little warning about "is it ok to run this program."
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

64Guitars

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on October 06, 2011, 06:01:47 PMwhen i run it, I get a message "no disk in the drive, Please insert a disk in drive????
It runs anyway after a bit but I need to hit cancel 3 times to get rid of the warning.
It didn't do this until I canceled the little warning about "is it ok to run this program."

That's odd. It sounds like it's trying to access some removable-media drive that has no media in it. Does your computer have a built-in card reader perhaps?

Does the message give any indication of which drive it's waiting for?

Is your BR connected via USB before you start the program?

Is this happening with your BR-800, your Micro BR, or both?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Okay, I just did a quick test and was able to reproduce the error by connecting a USB card reader with no card in it. I'll post an update to fix this. In the meantime, you could avoid the error by making sure that there's a card in each slot of your card reader before you start BR Librarian. It doesn't matter what's on those cards. Or, if it's an external USB card reader, just unplug it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website