"History Here"

Started by Hook, September 28, 2011, 08:31:49 PM

Hook

History Here
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Haven't had much time to record the last week so I thought I'd post an older recording. I did this one last summer with the same bass  player from "Kill the Messenger", Aaron Miller, and this has his brother Kyle on drums (a mid range Yamaha electric kit I think). I've been thinking of remixing it so any suggestions are always appreciated.
 Enjoy!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

andy casson

Very nicely done, would like to see the lyrics. Warm groove with a picture of a lazy day in the sun chillin'...
Andy

Greeny

This is a beauty. So melodic, lyrical and sunny. You really know how to construct a song well - the build from the intro to the big chorus is absolutely faultless. I love your delivery and ear for a great chord progression. I wish I'd written this one, lol. That's one hell of a bass player you have too. I'm digging this one big-time. Stupendous! Sounds like a hit to me.

Glenn Mitchell

I agree with Greeny on the nice building up of the parts. Solid tempo, nice tones, chords, and ideas. I almost missed the bass in my headset tho. Could be brought forward? I do admit my bass ear is a bit weak tho so get another opinion. (I always feel I need to crank up or EQ some higher Hz for me to hear bass parts)
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Kenny B

Great tune!!!  So well done!!!  Love songs like this that start
quietly with excellent guitars and vocals.  Then everyone falls
in perfectly ... NICE!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Wow, this is amazing. I hate to not have any original thoughts, but damn Tim hit the nail on the head. I absolutely love the vocal on this. It's songs like this that inspire me to work harder at this silly little all-consuming hobby.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

Quote from: Greeny on September 29, 2011, 05:56:53 AMThis is a beauty. So melodic, lyrical and sunny. You really know how to construct a song well - the build from the intro to the big chorus is absolutely faultless. I love your delivery and ear for a great chord progression. I wish I'd written this one, lol. That's one hell of a bass player you have too. I'm digging this one big-time. Stupendous! Sounds like a hit to me.
I nearly missed this one..............i think Tim says it all an excellent job...Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Rata-tat-tat

Wow Hook... you really got somethin special in your writing and playin. Love that guitar hook and the Vox fit like a glove. I'm a fan!!!.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

Hey Guys thanks that's all very kind. I also think I need to raise the bass a little, M_GLEN_M, that was my main reason for thinking about  remixing. I wish I had more tunes with Aaron on bass, he's the bomb! It's proven a little hard for us to get our paths to cross but I'm glad I got what I got! Thanks again for all the nice words, I'm glad you liked it! 

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Facemask93

Oh what a great song man , your vocal is superb , the band are solid , but the song is just so amazing , who wouldn't want to write a song like this , lordy lordy its divine

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper