Amp suggestions for gigging

Started by Tony W, September 14, 2011, 07:03:57 AM

Tony W

Geir, you put me in mind of the movie "Back To The Future" for various reasons. I might have to download that right now!  1000 watt amp...

I watched like 10 Evil Robot vids, those are tight amps. Gotta play it to decide though, and I'll never find one locally.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Quote from: Tony W on September 18, 2011, 06:12:11 PMGeir, you put me in mind of the movie "Back To The Future" for various reasons. I might have to download that right now!  1000 watt amp...

You have to watch out for Geir though Tony, he likes everything louder than everything else.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

IanR

Tony,

I've got a Vox AC30cc2x. Its so loud its scary.

Its a couple of years old now and I'm still finding new tones in it.   I have a Boss blues driver pedal but I rarely use it.

I love the warm clean tone and I also love the fuzzy overdriven tones.  I've got a channel switcher so I can use both channels with one guitar. When I'm jamming with my son we both plug into it. If you can find one in the shops, I recommend you try one out.

I was looking at the Vox AC15 the day I bought it and tried the AC30 just to see.   I changed my mind immediately.  I play a strat and it seems the two are made for each other.  I have never gigged with it but they are commonly used.  I'll often spot one sitting up on stage behind some of the better known players - both old and young.

best of luck with the new direction.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

Quote from: Flash Harry on September 19, 2011, 03:46:25 AMYou have to watch out for Geir though Tony, he likes everything louder than everything else.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

^^^^^^^^^^  ha ha - that's brilliant!

Speed Demon

Do you mean to say Geir's amp only turns up to eleven?

Not nearly enough power for my purposes. I just hang this sign on my stage gear.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

64Guitars

Quote from: Speed Demon on September 19, 2011, 08:59:34 AMDo you mean to say Geir's amp only turns up to eleven?

Nah. That was in the seventies. He's had it modded since then.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

ROFL !!!!!!!!

You made my day 64G !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Speed Demon

Geir is dangerous!

He's probably got a huge engine turning a 10,000 gallon-per-minute water pump, just to keep that amp cool.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.