upload speeds to songcrafters

Started by Oldrottenhead, September 05, 2011, 03:41:37 PM

Oldrottenhead

i am not having any problems with the speed i can browse and download files from songcrafters, but recently i have found it takes quite a long time to upload files.

replying to a post is as quick as normal but when i attach a file, usually an mp3 it takes a long time to upload.
earlier i uploaded a quite small mp3 at 2406.12kb, it took over 30 minutes to upload,as a test  i uploaded the same file to alonetone it took 2 minutes.
is it just me that is having this problem? had discussion with some members stateside who have no difficulties.
i might add i have a pretty fast broadband connection, but it is only at songcrafters i get this problem.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

I haven't noticed any problems with uploads. Usually takes a minute or two depending on the size of the MP3.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Oldrottenhead

cheers rob thats the speed i would normally expect, the server for songcrafters is based in the usa, so i thought that might have had something to do with the upload speeds im getting, but alonetone servers are in the usa too. it may just be that i am posting at busier times of the day. but it is strange i only seem to have the problem with songcrafters.

be interesting to hear from more uk and european based members here.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

When I posted a song last week it took longer time as usual...haven't uploaded anything for months though.. but now the uploading was interrupted and then I tried it again. I was informed that the file is too large, though it was less than 5Mb. I managed it uploaded after 5th attempt after starting the thread again.

I have slow broadband connection (the uploading speed is only 30...40 kbs/s)...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

IanR

I have recently noticed slower times.  I'm posting from Aus. 

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One