Anybody ever tried this instrument???

Started by Rata-tat-tat, September 05, 2011, 02:53:06 AM

Rata-tat-tat

OK... guess I've been under a rock... I remember seeing the "Whole Lotta Love" video, but I guess I wasn't paying close attention. I seriously thought Page was making those sounds with a guitar. Funny how long they've been around but you rarely see anyone playing them. I assume there isn't much demand out there for Theremin muse.

I think if more people saw the Italian girl clip that would soon change. DAMN!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

T.C. Elliott

There are apps for that. But the free one I have sucks... it does work, but it's not as useful as I'd like. There are other apps that use a similar effect but can superimpose a scale (chromatic or specific) over the screen that really makes them useful. I used the thumbjam app on a real rough demo in early July and it was easily the highpoint of the demo/song. Yeah, it's the same as the real thing, but you might be able to satisfy the curiosity but on the cheap if you want.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

SdC

recorder
Boss BR-600

64Guitars

Quote from: SdC on September 19, 2011, 01:41:56 AMBest Theremin performance in a TV sitcom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPL8u8gJL0A

I love The Big Bang Theory!  The first episode of season 5 airs this Thursday.  I can't wait.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Yup got one its a single antenna stye have had it for two years now played with it once and put it way now I'm thinking I need to pull it out again mine sounds best when ran into a delay.
Guess these things are up there with using a violin bow on a Les Paul or owning a double neck guitar really in the end they are effects or something you really end up feeling as if their in the way as often as I use them.

SdC

Bump: very interesting article about its history on BBC News today:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17340257

recorder
Boss BR-600