"Extra Time"

Started by Hook, September 04, 2011, 08:55:42 PM

Hook

Extra Time
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So here's my 2nd outing with the banjo, still not seeking out the correct banjo method but rather just picking it up and playing it. I started playing with the chords Friday eve and it really came together last night. So I started working on mic placements this morning a little and then went to see the Rays play the Orioles. Came home, finished setting up and tried to record the track.
Now I'm a tracking kind of guy. I don't usually use live performance tracks but I just couldn't get through the song without singing, so, change set up to 2 mics, 432,516,177 takes later I got through the damn song without f@#$ing up (not one place to do a clean punch!) Once there things went smoothly.
Hope you enjoy.
P.S. Thanks for the icon, I hope to one day actually earn it!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

thetworegs

another banjo beauty and live too.....great lyrics.....and a wash of psychedelia in those solos too.....a great all round track.......

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

love the arrangement on this withthe guitars and banjo. magic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

Great song.  I think you have already earned the banjo icon.

Paul

Gnasty

This is very unique Hook. The banjo and those tremelo swooshes. Great vocals!

Very cool song. I have to get time to get back here more and comment on the major talent
flocking the boards. Really cool song man!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

hardlock

Very professional song and performance.  Fine work and great use of that banjo!  Trippy as well!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Hook

Thanks for the kind words! I think after some listening I'm going to remix I think the last verse is a bit muddy.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely