Frickin' wasps!

Started by Gritter, September 03, 2011, 03:25:05 PM

Gritter

2 days in a row I've stepped on wasps in our bedroom while getting dressed!!!!

Though they're singing about a bumble bee, this pretty much sums up the feeling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzWYNfmrn7Y

Blooby

A young teacher was complaining about the wasp's nests by his classroom the other day.  I told him we'd take care of it right away.  While walking to the (somewhat large) nest, he said, "Aren't you going to get some spray?"

I responded with, "oh, we could use spray, but you'll have a much better story if I just beat it off the wall with a stick...like this large one here."

We both did the bee dance shortly thereafter.  I got stung on the arm.  He got his story.

Had to go back or two days (with spray) to get them all.

I believe the moral of this story is that I can be pretty stupid.

Would do it again.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee,,,,,,,,,Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee...........Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee,,,,,,,,,Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee............Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee,,,,,,,,,Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee...........Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee,,,,,,,,,Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee..........Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee,,,,,,,,,Bumblebee stung meeeee......Bumblebee stung meeeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlj3ggxRxDY

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Hijacking this stinging thread.........but damn, is this a good song......Ween continuously surprises me with brilliance ................
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzGMhE_ELs

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

I can sympathize with you on the wasp problem, Sandy.  Every Spring for the last 15 years, they've been building nests in my car!  They get into the cavity where the door hinges are located. They also build smaller nests in the gap around the trunk seal and behind my gas cap cover. I hate those wicked things!!!!

Haven't had any inside the house yet, except for one that I found buzzing around my basement a couple of years ago.

Someone told me that Pinesol cleaner drives them away. I tried it a few years ago and it did work. In fact, if I sprayed it directly on them, they'd immediately die! Unfortunately, the makers of Pinesol changed the formula shortly after that and it no longer works. So I buy wasp killer spray cans.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gnasty

I`ve always hated this WASP!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Quote from: Gritter on September 18, 2011, 12:01:22 PMIs that Gloria from All In The Family on the left?

The resemblance is so striking! Even Now!  :D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Gnasty on September 18, 2011, 01:08:42 PM
Quote from: Gritter on September 18, 2011, 12:01:22 PMIs that Gloria from All In The Family on the left?

The resemblance is so striking! Even Now!  :D

Whooaaa uncanny. LMFAO
recorder
Tascam DP-02