Decisions

Started by peterp, September 02, 2011, 07:24:08 PM

peterp

Son bought himself a Squire Strat Pack and the shop gave him a 50$ gift card he promptly gave me.
(He doesn't play, but is a big time gamer and just itching to get his hands on RockSmith when it comes in a month or so, so needed a controller for it)

Now the hard part, nothing I really want (quite unusual!) at present.
So thinking hand it in for either a used BigMuff pi fuzz or a set of Bongos, or a Ukulele
all would end up costing around 70$cnd.

What thinks you, or maybe alternate suggestions?

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

64Guitars

Vanncad was in a similar spot a few weeks ago. You might get some good ideas from his topic...

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=11966.0

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

Fx pedals are always a fun way to spend money! There are loads of Electro-Harmonix ones you could get for that sort of cash. And it's just fun to browse even if you don't end up getting one... lol

Hook

A ukulele is always the right answer, no matter the question!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

peterp

Not this time, I dropped in and the only ukulele's they had were in the Martin class.
No way I'm parting with that much cash for a uku.

Some bugger beat me to the used big muff pi  :o

and all the bongos they had from 29$-89$ sounded like tin can toys.

So will have to wait and try again in a few days/weeks see if something else "interesting" shows up.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

peterp

OK this gift card thing is beginning to really bug me :)
I think I have decided on picking up an MXR Dyna Comp with it.

And maybe a MXR Carbon Copy when the wife is not watching as a Christmas present to me :)
Which leaves me wondering if these are good pedals or I should be looking for a different option like maybe a TC Nova delay.
A much more expensive option that the shop is trying to steer me towards
Never really used real hardware delays so am getting befuddled by all the sales talk coming at me :(

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

peterp

Well I did end up getting the MXR DynaComp, and a Bass Big Muff pi

Now thinking might need a noise gate as well, to quiet pedal board things down a bit  ::)

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR