"A Lilltle Too Much" new banjo-new tune

Started by Hook, September 01, 2011, 08:32:28 PM

Glenn Mitchell

Hey well done!. nice riffing. Good cooking. Fine vox. Very good mix and production.
I couldn't hear a bass tho. A solid 4/4 thumper might add nicely?
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Rata-tat-tat

A banjo always puts a smile on my face... I'm smiling now bro... well done.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Ferryman

This is excellent, really good for a first banjo attempt. great song, great vox and it really rolls along nicely. The banjo parts sound pretty polished to me and they work really well.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

just finding this one.  How did you record your banjo, it sounds really good here.  And how are you making out on your banjo lessons?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Nice bump Dave! I can't think of how you could have found this... ;D

You totally made that banjo your own Mr. Hook! And I thought you integrated it well - Even considering you just bought it. The vox are great as usual!

Short and...  Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

thetworegs

Great Bump ...just love this one....it got me Banjo Hooked

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

Thanks for the bump, what a pleasant surprise!
QuoteHow did you record your banjo, it sounds really good here.  And how are you making out on your banjo lessons?
For this one I used 2 condenser mics (mxl 990 & 991) i can't remember where exactly I put them but essentially one by the bridge and one by the neck.
 Lessons....who needs lessons I just pick up and play. This tune came out very quickly and easily but I find the banjo to need a very delicate touch and I have big fumbling fingers so I notice that I bend strings unintentionally quite a lot. I also have a hard time with the minor chord shape but am getting better in fact I'll be posting a new banjo tune in a few days (got a mandolin for Christmas and now it needs mandolin) that I wrote just so I could work on that shape. The rolls are very difficult for me to get so I end up using more of a guitar arpeggio and I think that I lose a bit of banjo essence but I love the sound and I'm definitely getting better. Your banjo looks super sweet can't wait to hear what you do with it, I'm sure it will be awesome!!!!!!
QuoteYou totally made that banjo your own Mr. Hook!
It's so much easier than actually learning how to play it correctly!
Thanks again for the bump, very flattering!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely