"Like a fool" a Geir original (now with video)

Started by Geir, August 29, 2011, 11:47:13 PM

Ferryman

I came here from Rob's tribute post. What a wonderful song Geir, beautifully performed and such excellent lyrics. Bravo!!

Cheers,

Nigel 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

That guitar got me from the first notes. And the vox is good, it's got some grit or dirt in it that works beautifully for this. I love the change in the lyric for the last chorus. Nice touch. And great song.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

des0free

Coming over from facemask' s brilliant cover.  Geir you must be over the moon about that.  I listened to this when posted earlier but apparently didn't comment.  Sometimes I like something so much its hard to know what to say...afraid a comment won't do justice. This is really nice and sparse.  The lyric leaves nice open spaces...not crowded.  The recording here is excellent.  Like other's say, it sounds like you're right there in my living room.  Ahh, what a treat that would be!  Please explain the recording method.  You said 2 mics and "4 input mode". What does that mean?  One mic near the guitar and one near the voice?  That's only 2 inputs?  Or are these multi-capsule stereo mics?  Anyway it sounds great.  And the songwriting is great.  The fact that it can be covered in a different style and still sound great makes it even more clear that the songwriting is great.  I think great songs hold there own when played in different styles.  A lot of songs you hear on the radio are gimmicky special effects, and wouldn't hold up when covered like this one. 
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: hooper on August 31, 2011, 01:44:19 PMFantastic sound, fantastic song! 
Would be great to be able to watch a live performance of this on YouTube...
Your wish is my command ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4AovEde0U4
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Superb vid of a fantastic tune!!  And you are one sexy beast too, bro!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Great performance, liked watching the video, That little br sure does an impressive job! I'm confused however...are your eyes red or not?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Gnasty

What a great video Geir and great song. You sure do good in front of the camera you have no shyness at all! I love this song too. It's right from the soul as always with you.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

thetworegs

Great video to a great song......are you in jims cupboard under the stairs?

If Life is a dream then use your imagination