Audacity - Software

Started by KYbluecats, December 23, 2008, 02:11:25 PM

KYbluecats

FYI...Do not bother trying out this software.  Furthermore, do not bother editing any of your BMBR mp3s in it. 

When you export anything to mp3 through Audacity, they sound fine as mp3 files on your computer.  However, when you burn them to CD, they contain all of the blips, barks, and spits that everyone hates to hear over their speakers.

One thing I have not tried is exporting mp3s through Audacity and burning to a data cd, then playing them that way.  In any event, I would not even bother with Audacity.

beleg

KYbluecats,
                  Sounds like you are exporting the mp3s from audacity at the wrong sampling rate. I had a similar problem that was resolved when I changed the sampling rate, however I do not recall off hand what the correct sampling rate was, so you may have to experiment a little.  hope that helps. 

SteveG

I use Audition these days, but Audacity worked fine for me in the past. In fact I know several people who still use it for recording, transferring to something more advanced for mixing and mastering, as it is simple and hogs less resources, so allowing more tracks. Play with it some more before you give in on it.

ianjm

Anyone know of a decent DAW that works with vista?

SteveG

Kody

Free is always good....and I know there's things I can't live without on Audacity, but for $99 I bought Mackie Tracktion 3- and I love it. It comes with great sounding (and looking) plugins for mixing and mastering.  I use it on vista. But still I mostly record my tracks with the Boss BR900CD. 

recorder
PreSonus Studio One