Arrogance!

Started by Flash Harry, August 19, 2011, 03:56:15 PM

chapperz66

Not arrogance at all.  It's the ultimate just reward for a lifetimes devotion to music. 

That's what I say.

Whether you can make a signifcant other person agree is questionable.  Let us know how you get on with that.  If you get away with it I might just try myself...

Flash Harry

It's here, it's gorgeous and every camera battery in the house is dead......

Mrs. Flash thinks its 'very nice' and is glad to see the back of the one making room for it......
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

thetworegs

How can you have a name like Flash and no batteries....come on Mike

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Flash Harry

sample
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Young Miss Flash has disappeared up to Northumberland with MY camera and left hers in her drawer with both batteries flat, Mrs. Flash just flattened hers on a day out with the banshee. I have plenty of AA batteries but they don't fit.

Charged. At least we have electric up North these days...
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Burtog

That looks like an awesome peice of kit..............................can't get my head around how it would be to play with the big neck and six strings. Only ever played a 4.

Those pick ups are enormous!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

oooooooooooooooohhh  ...... WOW

I'll write a song right now and I demand you put that new toy to use on it !!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

a thing of fretless beauty"...........

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

AndyR

Wow! That's a monster. How heavy is it?

It looks like it might be silky-smooth gorgeous for playing.

You're using roundwounds on it? I must admit, I'm a recent convert to flatwounds. I'm totally sold on them at the moment. The Stagg upright EDB started it, and then I tried flats on my Gibson Faded "SG" bass just as an experiment - can't put the thing down now. I've still got rounds on my Variax bass, but it hurts so much to play them now! :D

Anyway, that's a fabulous looking beast, congratulations :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Flash Harry

Quote from: AndyR on August 25, 2011, 01:29:11 AMWow! That's a monster. How heavy is it?

It's not much more than my Jazz, maybe an extra pound or two.

QuoteIt looks like it might be silky-smooth gorgeous for playing.

it is really very nice, the action is superb, almost no change in height along the whole of the fretboard. Two truss rods.

QuoteYou're using roundwounds on it? I must admit, I'm a recent convert to flatwounds. I'm totally sold on them at the moment. The Stagg upright EDB started it, and then I tried flats on my Gibson Faded "SG" bass just as an experiment - can't put the thing down now. I've still got rounds on my Variax bass, but it hurts so much to play them now! :D

I like the extra twang that I get from round wounds, but I will have to get a set of flats just to see how she plays and sounds.

QuoteAnyway, that's a fabulous looking beast, congratulations :)

It's really lovely. I need to spend as much time as a I can playing and getting used to it. It's quite a handful but surprisingly easy to play. Intonation is the thing you have to watch but that's true with any fretless..
- Kurt Vonnegut.