BR 80 or BR800?

Started by guitarron, August 03, 2011, 08:03:56 PM

pjd1

Quote from: PJD1 on August 04, 2011, 01:38:04 AMHi guitarron i have not used the br 800 as a control surface , but it does has that function avaliable if the need takes you, i am more than happy with my 800 real easy to use with everything were you would expect it to be , the firmware update gives it a bit more edit functions which were saddly missing for some reason !! so track copy and move etc  are more ready ..

Have fun which ever you choose !!

Dunny

Copying insert effects , Track editing including , copy , move , erase , and exchange . These features were updated with the 1.10 firmware update last month ..
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

#gpmproject

Definitely BR - 800! I've got one and I'm really satisfied with that unit. try to use RODE NT1 - A condenser microphone for vocal recording ( needs phantom power supply unit - costs about £40 ) and you've got prefect home recording studio..

Geir

Quote from: Lubo Perunko on August 05, 2011, 02:21:18 AMDefinitely BR - 800! I've got one and I'm really satisfied with that unit. try to use RODE NT1 - A condenser microphone for vocal recording ( needs phantom power supply unit - costs about £40 ) and you've got prefect home recording studio..
but if you only have one mic you don't need the power supply as the BR800 supplies phantom power on input 4.

quite handy and as it runs on batteries you can get quality recordings everywhere !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

#gpmproject

Quote from: Geir on August 05, 2011, 03:46:19 AM
Quote from: Lubo Perunko on August 05, 2011, 02:21:18 AMDefinitely BR - 800! I've got one and I'm really satisfied with that unit. try to use RODE NT1 - A condenser microphone for vocal recording ( needs phantom power supply unit - costs about £40 ) and you've got prefect home recording studio..
but if you only have one mic you don't need the power supply as the BR800 supplies phantom power on input 4.

quite handy and as it runs on batteries you can get quality recordings everywhere !

Hi Geir

I'm using 2 microphones at this time (usually for acoustic guitar recording). Yes I know, that BR 800 supplies phantom power on IN 4, but I'm definitely more satisfied with recorded sound via external power supply. condensers are more sensitive - in my opinion, sounds better than when you using BR 800 input 4... but it's just my opinion. more experienced users could say no.. ;D

guitarron

Quote from: Geir on August 05, 2011, 03:46:19 AM

that was my next question-i do need a least one phantom power
i also have a tube preamp as an option as well-but less portable

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis