BR 80 or BR800?

Started by guitarron, August 03, 2011, 08:03:56 PM

guitarron

I'll soon be buying a new pc/laptop so I'm also considering getting either the 80 or 800 as an audio interface/integrated multitrack-
How well do these guys work as an interface?

Has anyone here have used the faders to control in Sonar?
just curious
thanks
ron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Quote from: guitarron on August 03, 2011, 08:03:56 PMI'll soon be buying a new pc/laptop so I'm also considering getting either the 80 or 800 as an audio interface/integrated multitrack-
How well do these guys work as an interface?

Has anyone here have used the faders to control in Sonar?
just curious
thanks
ron

I've only briefly experimented with the BR-80 as an audio interface - it passes through to our computer via USB whatever is plugged into one of the BR-80's inputs.

I haven't tried it yet, but I really doubt you could use the BR-80's virtual faders to control Sonar. The BR-800 with its physical faders may be a different story, though?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Both the BR-80 and the BR-800 can be used as an audio interface. But only the BR-800 can be used as a control surface for a DAW. The BR-80 lacks that feature. It wouldn't make much sense anyway since it doesn't have faders.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

Why don't you carry your happy ass down here for a visit, you can demo both, and see your sister? All you gotta do is jump in the car Ron.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Hi guitarron i have not used the br 800 as a control surface , but it does has that function avaliable if the need takes you, i am more than happy with my 800 real easy to use with everything were you would expect it to be , the firmware update gives it a bit more edit functions which were saddly missing for some reason !! so track copy and move etc  are more ready ..

Have fun which ever you choose !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

guitarron

Quote from: PJD1 on August 04, 2011, 01:38:04 AMthe firmware update gives it a bit more edit functions which were saddly missing for some reason !! so track copy and move etc  are more ready ..

Such as?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

Quote from: Tony W on August 03, 2011, 09:26:42 PMWhy don't you carry your happy ass down here for a visit, you can demo both, and see your sister? All you gotta do is jump in the car Ron.
Tony-Always the voice of reason-you're guilt trippin' me

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

is the 800 a 2x2 audio interface?

800 has no eband?
effects are the same in both units?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

the effects are not the same, and IMHO the effects on the 80 are more intuitive.

The 800 does not have eband

I don't know diddly about audio interface.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

honestly thinking of just sticking to using the
motu for now-

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder