Now what? Started w/not enough - now WAY too much song!

Started by hardlock, August 02, 2011, 05:41:34 PM

hardlock

MX_MID
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all!  I started with a lyric idea of one line that exploded into a typical folk-type song with single accoustic finger-picked rhythm of 3.5 min.

Kept jamming the G progression and more variations kept coming with different speeds and rhythms ending in 5 sections totaling about 12 minutes.  (Another 4 min one I'm leaving out as it's too abstract even for me!)

Each section stands alone with only one having lyrics, and one with drums and electric lead.  Thought of adding a short accoustic intro, then fading into the lyric section then adding the other jammed parts with an accoustic ending to tie it all together.

Or could bust up the lyric section in 2 and intermix the odd jams as "leads" but that may start getting too confusing and cluttered. 

BTW, although varied, all parts use the same progression with G capo so somewhat related.  Songs name is "A Moment of Silence" which I'll post in originals when done.

Maybe I should post all the separate parts here and have you guys decide if they are worthy of inclusion - or make a jam album.  ::)   (Here's one of the short accoustic ones - maybe an intro or ending?)

Thanks all for any advise.  Never thought this would be the hard part!  :-\
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

hardlock

MX_INTRO
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I see some have been here but no suggestions?  Anyway, here's another part.  I'm leaning toward this being the intro.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations:

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Burtog

Quote from: hardlock on August 02, 2011, 05:41:34 PMHi all!  I started with a lyric idea of one line that exploded into a typical folk-type song with single accoustic finger-picked rhythm of 3.5 min.

Kept jamming the G progression and more variations kept coming with different speeds and rhythms ending in 5 sections totaling about 12 minutes.  (Another 4 min one I'm leaving out as it's too abstract even for me!)

Each section stands alone with only one having lyrics, and one with drums and electric lead.  Thought of adding a short accoustic intro, then fading into the lyric section then adding the other jammed parts with an accoustic ending to tie it all together.

Or could bust up the lyric section in 2 and intermix the odd jams as "leads" but that may start getting too confusing and cluttered. 

BTW, although varied, all parts use the same progression with G capo so somewhat related.  Songs name is "A Moment of Silence" which I'll post in originals when done.

Maybe I should post all the separate parts here and have you guys decide if they are worthy of inclusion - or make a jam album.  ::)   (Here's one of the short accoustic ones - maybe an intro or ending?)

Thanks all for any advise.  Never thought this would be the hard part!  :-\
Sounds like it could be the basis for a whole song to me??
recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

I say use them all and do a title with parts.

A Moment of Silence
part1: The stare
part2: the whisper
part3: reflections
part4: interlude
part5: refractions

Well, it's just a suggestion.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hook

I dig your riffs , your on the right track. I love the idea of a tune with parts kind of like "Supper's Ready" from Genesis. Often the lyrics can help dictate the order of a song, but really man it's just got to feel right and make sense to you!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

Stitch them all together - let the dogs see the rabbit....

Sounding cool right now. Give us more!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Sorry I missed it when it was posted here. I do love the result you posted in the originals board tho !!! I'll try keeping an eye out for things appearing here too !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

hardlock

Thanks all for the help!  I ended up going with a trilogy with acoustic intro, main vocal song and rock conclusion.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations: