A Video collab. with Pinedog (Charlie) and Farrell Jackson - Bodie Town

Started by Farrell Jackson, July 31, 2011, 09:36:47 AM

Farrell Jackson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I wrote and recorded this song while back called Bodie Town (Bow-dee). Bodie is one of the few authentic, still standing ghost towns that's left in California. It sits in the high desert area of the eastern Sierra Nevada mountain range of California. It was a fortune or bust gold mining town the was still functioning into the 1920's. It's now a state park but not renovated. It sits in time just the way it was when the last people abandoned it. My wife and I visited the place in 1999, it made a lasting impression upon me. When I got back, I wrote the song, Bodie Town, about the experience. 

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

really nice song and video i edited your post with direct youtube link.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Thanks ORH! I wish I knew how to do that direct link thingy.....but some of this stuff goes over my head. Thanks again for the good comment and for putting up the direct youtube player!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Geir

Great song and a great video to go with it !!

Love the harmonies .... this really sounds great (tho I wish the sound quality had been better)!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Geir on July 31, 2011, 11:09:53 AMGreat song and a great video to go with it !!

Love the harmonies .... this really sounds great (tho I wish the sound quality had been better)!

Hi Geir! Thanks for the good words. Here's a direct link to a better quality sample of Bodie Town if you want to check it out.

https://mixposure.com/farrell-jackson/audio/27101/bodie-bow-dee-town-remastered

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

thetworegs

Great song love the vocal and harmonies, the video's great too, some great shots....... it must be a strange place to walk round especially if your the only ones there....................

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy