Your Ultimate Guitar Hero... Who's the best then?

Started by OsCKilO, July 29, 2011, 07:38:09 PM

Tricky question but I tend to agree with Bruno that Eric Johnson is the man, but Stevie Ray Vaughn still has a place in my heart and don't forget our own Satchwood, that boy can play a bit..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Speed Demon

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

64Guitars

I started listening to Jimi Hendrix in the mid-sixties and he's been my #1 guitarist ever since. For me, nobody else comes close. No matter how many times I hear it, his playing just stirs something inside me and makes me think "Wow!!!" I wish he was still alive. He'd really blow our minds with today's technology.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Speed Demon

64G, I got to see Jimi Hendrix live at the Civic Center in Providence, R. I.

Quite a performance. A massive double-stacked wall of Marshall amps across the rear of the stage and more of
them double-stacked, two levels high, on scaffolding on both sides of the stage.
Noel Redding was equally well armed.

To say "they kicked ass" is a major understatement.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

64Guitars

Quote from: Speed Demon on August 14, 2012, 04:39:09 AM64G, I got to see Jimi Hendrix live at the Civic Center in Providence, R. I.

Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to see him. I wish I did. I'm sure it would have been wonderful.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Satchwood

Ahhhhh!  you guys rock!!!!   ...somehow, in my ever miniscule mind, i forever want to jam with the best...!.  which IS right here....    Songcrafters!!   You guys birth me,,,,, into the "new world',,,,  and i love you all for it.........................................
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Rata-tat-tat

I cast my spider vote for the one and only Gnasty... The dude can shred a guitar
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on August 14, 2012, 06:19:02 PMI cast my spider vote for the one and only Gnasty... The dude can shred a guitar

I second that.  But I'm not sure what I like better, his incredible precision and playing, or his ability to assemble moods and tones that add value to and fit in with a song perfectly.

A true modest and valuable team player!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Speed Demon

Mark, you'd also stand out in any group of musicians.

RTT is a wild musical animal as well.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Hook

Quote from: launched on August 15, 2012, 06:19:50 PMI second that.  But I'm not sure what I like better, his incredible precision and playing, or his ability to assemble moods and tones that add value to and fit in with a song perfectly.

A true modest and valuable team player!
I like his eyes! I've never actually seen them but I bet they're dreamy!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely